Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Every Red Sox starter has at least 1 RBI today....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
scotty21690 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Pastretta said:
They completely ****** the Jays pitching today....That line-up is so scary now that it is clicking.

McCoy owned them.
I told my dad he should have started :lol:

Morrow has at least a few of these games every year. I was thinking of heading down, it's about a ten minute walk, but it keeps lookin' like it wants to rain. When the Red Sox or Yankees come to town, there's also the ********* factor. I used to love Royals days when Greinke pitched and any and all Tampa Bay games.

Lackey didn't implode which is nice, but I wouldn't exactly be excited about his 8Ks.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Ugh, dammit JD Drew....had a chance to follow last nights feat with every starter having at least one hit. 0-5 4 K's 6 LOB ::facepalm::

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Nice to see Lester with a solid outing. He's 9-2, so the record is looking good, but after a sparkling April he's been pretty mediocre for May and into June. Last start was decent, and it is nice to see he has been limiting the walks, so hopefully he keeps it up.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Nice to see Lester with a solid outing. He's 9-2, so the record is looking good, but after a sparkling April he's been pretty mediocre for May and into June. Last start was decent, and it is nice to see he has been limiting the walks, so hopefully he keeps it up.
Today was VINTAGE Lester, I was enjoying watching him. His only walk of the game today I thought the last pitch could have gone either way, but what can you do.. Only other two on base was a HR by Bautista and a single. He relied on his fastball much more this game over his cut fb he has been favoring the past few outings. I have no doubts he will keep it up if he can limit his walks and hit his spots.

Career W% currently @ .719 :cool:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rehmus said:
scotty21690 said:
Ugh, dammit JD Drew....had a chance to follow last nights feat with every starter having at least one hit. 0-5 4 K's 6 LOB ::facepalm::

jd drew isnt very good in the first nine innings of any baseball game. otherwise he's great.
Ha!

And I know you didn't mean it as such, but being the stats junkie I am I checked out his career extra inning stats and they are:

91 PA: .324/.473/.437 1HR 8RBI, although he has been quite lucky with a .440 BAbip

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
scotty21690 said:
rehmus said:
scotty21690 said:

jd drew isnt very good in the first nine innings of any baseball game. otherwise he's great.
Ha!

And I know you didn't mean it as such, but being the stats junkie I am I checked out his career extra inning stats and they are:

91 PA: .324/.473/.437 1HR 8RBI, although he has been quite lucky with a .440 BAbip

does that include post season? seems to come up more in the post season.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Topnotchsy said:
Today was VINTAGE Lester, I was enjoying watching him. His only walk of the game today I thought the last pitch could have gone either way, but what can you do.. Only other two on base was a HR by Bautista and a single. He relied on his fastball much more this game over his cut fb he has been favoring the past few outings. I have no doubts he will keep it up if he can limit his walks and hit his spots.

Career W% currently @ .719 :cool:
Actually .722 after the win. 70-27.

I read recently that he had been having problems locating his pitchers other than the cut fastball and that was why he was relying so heavily on it. His BB's, hits, HR's etc. have been up so it was a bit of a concern despite the W/L record, but today was nice.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Blue Jays-> May I have some more, Sir?

ugh. I'll be glad when Lawrie is up with the Jays.....at least something more to look forward to besides the Bautista HR-watch. I'm pretty disappointed with the Jays starting rotation. Cecil doesn't look like he will be back soon. Drabek and Morrow really haven't done a whole lot. Snider is still working things out in AAA as well.... At least Lind is back and JPA is doing well.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
aarne13 said:
Blue Jays-> May I have some more, Sir?

ugh. I'll be glad when Lawrie is up with the Jays.....at least something more to look forward to besides the Bautista HR-watch. I'm pretty disappointed with the Jays starting rotation. Cecil doesn't look like he will be back soon. Drabek and Morrow really haven't done a whole lot. Snider is still working things out in AAA as well.... At least Lind is back and JPA is doing well.
Rzep ever going to make it back into the starting rotation?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
As much as it pains me, I have to admit the Sawx have made a nice turn-around from the beginning of the season.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
zach said:
As much as it pains me, I have to admit the Sawx have made a nice turn-around from the beginning of the season.
That they did. I think I was the only Sox fan in the state not worried at all about their horrid start :lol:

Latest posts