Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have to go with Canseco..

I love the booklet, but the Game used Jersey's don't look vintage since this is when he played with the Seals..

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably wasn't a Seals jersey either. I'd lean towards Yankees, for sure. These were taken from 4 different Sweet Spot Dimaggio cards.

20151224_132435.jpg

It was cool because Upper Deck actually hid pinstriping on some of them, so the blank white swatches actually had hidden pinstripes on some of them!

20151224_132949.jpg

Oh, and here is another pic of Canseco to show off its refractory goodness :)

20160401_164359-1.jpg

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'll go with DiMaggio, but I feel like I should have just flipped a coin. Both cards are gorgeous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm voting for the Canseco because I feel it is a better execution. But I will say "Behind the Plate" bugs me. That's the catcher. Should be "At the Plate."

It is a picture from behind the plate :)

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm voting for the DiMaggio. Gives me the National Treasures feel with a hint of Ginter. I agree that the swatches probably are Yankees items and not Seals but the Auto really sets it apart from the Canseco.

Fordman

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Don't get me wrong...I love mouschi's cards. But...

attachment.php

Only one of these cards can move on. Given that, here is the bracket:

attachment.php

For this one, the little woodie
attachment.php

Goes up against the legendary booklet:
attachment.php

Voting open until 30-Jul at 11PM ET.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 76
  • mouschi wood sized.jpg
    mouschi wood sized.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 74
  • mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    mouschi 3 Sized.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 74

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'll be honest, as much as I like the wood card and it belongs this far in the bracket, I'm going with the DiMaggio booklet.

The only issues I have with the wood card is the shameless self promotion on the back. I'm NOT saying it in a bad way but a constructive criticism way. The wording on the bat about the game used bat may lead someone to believe the bat was that of TanMan and not Canseco.

Again, the DiMaggio booklet is well done, plus gives me the National Treasures feel with a hint of Allen & Ginter.

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts