Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Friday - December 23rd, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Using the free time to catch up on my Manning collection. Over 58% of the entire UT run. 37 cards to go to get to 75%.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Also worth noting that the missing Manning was delivered to me today courtesy of someone who lives a few miles away. Not the first time this person received an ebay item. Fortunately they are honest people. What was scary, though, was that the person brought us a stack of mail that had been delivered to them over the past week. I think it was 7 pieces of mail. In case you are wondering the only thing our envelopes have in common is the number of the house and the zip code. Different streets, different last names.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Clemson basketball found a way to win after a 14+ minute drought of not making a FG

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Currently bidding on a couple of Lots, but, like J used to be, not sure If I REALLY want to win them...

Winning one makes winning the other more worth it, shipping wise. That then means more work, sorting, then adding to them to make it more worth it $$$-wise. Maybe I'm better off not winning them. :lol:

May 14, 2009
RITM said:
Also worth noting that the missing Manning was delivered to me today courtesy of someone who lives a few miles away. Not the first time this person received an ebay item. Fortunately they are honest people. What was scary, though, was that the person brought us a stack of mail that had been delivered to them over the past week. I think it was 7 pieces of mail. In case you are wondering the only thing our envelopes have in common is the number of the house and the zip code. Different streets, different last names.

I had the same problem with my mail last year. I routinely didn't have things show up and received mail for another person who like you only shared a house number and zip code. It took a while and several complaints to the post office and finally post master before the matter got resolved, but I still ship anything big to my mother in law's house. Never had a problem getting anything there.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
SportsWriterMAB said:
RITM said:

I had the same problem with my mail last year. I routinely didn't have things show up and received mail for another person who like you only shared a house number and zip code. It took a while and several complaints to the post office and finally post master before the matter got resolved, but I still ship anything big to my mother in law's house. Never had a problem getting anything there.

The Postmaster assured me that the problem would not happen again so we will see what happens. I have other family members that I could ship it to or could even have something delivered to the office. The stubborn part of me says that I shouldn't have to ship somewhere else or get a PO Box because someone isn't taking the time to read the mail before putting it in the box. I am also all about the occasional mistake. It's just strange to have had as many pieces of mail delivered to the wrong address as we had properly delivered in the same week.

May 14, 2009
I agree 100 percent about you shouldn't have to ship to someplace else. Good luck in getting things working properly in the future.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
gt2590 said:
Currently bidding on a couple of Lots, but, like J used to be, not sure If I REALLY want to win them...

Winning one makes winning the other more worth it, shipping wise. That then means more work, sorting, then adding to them to make it more worth it $$$-wise. Maybe I'm better off not winning them. :lol:

Well, "Guest Cat" took care of that. :lol:

Within minutes of posting here, the price went up to within 30 cents of my Max bid with a Day to go...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Pretty cool that there will be NFL football on a Saturday.

Anybody here have success posting stuff to end early in the week after a X-mas weekend? Do people seem to spend more, maybe with Gift cards, etc...

Or is there no real difference? Just wondering...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Beware the "Break week cupcakes".

After WKU almost got L-ville, Wagner just beat #13 Pitt at home. It was their conferences' first win vs. Pitt EVER and their teams' first win vs. a ranked opponent since 1978. :shock:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Pitt isn't even that good this year, so I'm not sure why they're even ranked. If Gibbs had gone pro after last season they most definitely wouldn't be ranked.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Real slow on the board. I imagine it will be like this for the next couple days. Hope everyone has a great Christmas

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Took some pics before they went into the safe.

SAM_2398-1.jpg

SAM_2399-1.jpg

SAM_2400.jpg

SAM_2401.jpg

SAM_2402.jpg

SAM_2403.jpg

SAM_2404.jpg

SAM_2405.jpg

SAM_2406.jpg

SAM_2418.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.