Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Tuesday - March 27, 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
anyone ever get an offer for a bunch of cards and you know you could get more but the offer is just significant a number that you want to take it and run?

The guy that bought a ton of my cards early in my store e-mailed me Sunday night. There are something like 320 cards he wants and his offer looks pretty decent...but then I look at what he wants and a ton of the cards are those 'near impossible' to find ones. I feel like if I was to put them at realistic buy it nows, many of them would sell rather quickly but that would mean I would have to keep my store open and edit everything.

This stinks.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
CollectorsCorner said:
If I went through and made offers you would laugh in my face.

After looking at what the guy put on his list, it feels a bit like a slap in the face. I KNOW he spends more than what he is offering on cards he needs. One of the ones on his list is a Jordan Kent Gridiron Gear Gold O's/100. I paid $8 for it...because he bid $7.50.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I dedicate this song to Chris, for some inspiration on what to do with the offers.

[youtube:1etouxsh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo[/youtube:1etouxsh]

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
gt2590 said:
Hey Chris, can you sell 'em to him off ebay in about a week and save a ton of fees? :?

That is his angle. His offers are taking into consideration ebay fees saved. Here is the problem with that; I feel he is overestimating the savings. My fees are 8.8%, not 11%. Another angle he is trying is that it will be cash and we would meet up for the exchange so I would save on paypal and shipping fees. However, with gas prices where they are, I wouldn't be saving much of anything. Last time I shipped him about 300 cards and it ran me about $7. Paypal fees were compounded only because you can only lump 40 cards at a time, but those fees are rather small too.

I've been going down his list and putting a low (IMO) price on each card. For several of them, I turned down offers at the same price. I've priced 148 of the 320 cards and I'm about $100 under his offer for the lot. Bear in mind, on any of the higher numbered cards (numbered 100 or higher), I'm putting a value between 0.10-0.25. I've e-mailed him and hopefully he will get back to me because even at discounted prices ($3 for a 3color patch for example), I feel we are not going to be very close.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
CollectorsCorner said:
Idk man, sounds like eBay + Paypal + Shipping fees - Gas. That is still well over 8.8%

I have now priced 227 out of about 320:

42 autos, most numbered under 50
18 patch cards all numbered under 100, 7 not priced
8 jersey cards- bleh
71 inserts/rc numbered under 100
17 inserts/rc not priced (under 10)
71 inserts/rc numbered 100 or higher (almost none numbered higher than 250)

and i'm now $150 over his offer. Still have about 100 to price.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Card Magnet said:
I dedicate this song to Chris, for some inspiration on what to do with the offers.

[youtube:2i14gi2i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo[/youtube:2i14gi2i]

Brennan, I'm not sure if you were doing that to be funny...but it helped.

I don't NEED the money anymore. I don't need to firesale them.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
CollectorsCorner said:
You still have a few cards I like Chris but you are like 100000% over what they go for ;)

Damn 100000%?

So your saying the going rate for the cards you like are like 0.005/card? ;)

Also if anyone feels like looking at the list with my prices to let me know if I'm overvaluing too much I'll happily send it to you via pm

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
seahawks4ever said:
CollectorsCorner said:
You still have a few cards I like Chris but you are like 100000% over what they go for ;)

Damn 100000%?

So your saying the going rate for the cards you like are like 0.005/card? ;)

Also if anyone feels like looking at the list with my prices to let me know if I'm overvaluing too much I'll happily send it to you via pm

They are Seahawks so yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts