Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Group Wax Buy #3 - Input Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hi Ronnie,

Anything pre 90 really doesn't have inserts, unless you consider a scratch and win a Colecovision System from 1983 an insert! :)

That stuff is all about hitting the key rookies and bigger name stars from the products. You can do a search for the key players from each year on ebay. Many great names.

Then of course anything in the 90's is insert heavy and there are so many different ones, but we haven't really done any 90s stuff aside from the 95 Bowman's Best box we bought.

Otherwise, we've been in the early 2000's for products with inserts and those that we have stuck to have been better products such as 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game, Leaf Certified Materials, Legendary Cuts, etc. With those, you have chances at HOF'er autographs and game used (although there is a good chunk of junk GU and Autos too as with any product). If you have particular interest in a product, you can ask and we will let you know what's potentially in them. You can also search Ebay or google a checklist for the product to get a sense of what can be pulled from them.

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions too!

Quick question: considered jumping in on the last one, but I really don't know much about the era... what sort of inserts/hits do you find in them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I was late seeing the first offering. Really wanted some 1979. I would probably be in if there was any 1979 Topps. Another I would like is 1986 Donruss.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I am a fan of the 93 finest too, but I do recall conversations about the product in the past and I believe the odds for pulling refractors are not that good and the rest of the product is pretty much worthless. I can't recall if there is 1 or 2 refractors in a box and I think I recall someone saying they run in clumps, like the same guy multiple times across boxes in a case, but I could be mistaken on that.

You're looking at 1 refractor per box (something around 1:18).

And I'm pretty sure there's a fairly reliable way to identify the refractor packs, so there is opportunity for shadiness to surround this great product. Note that I know nothing about the seller you're talking about, just making a general buyer beware statement about the product.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
That is helpful. Thank you! Were boxes factory sealed? I honestly trust the seller as reputable and don't doubt the authenticity of his stuff. There comes a point when you need to find a source for product. Unfortunately, I think we are there for a few staples because our most reliable source is out. This stuff won't last forever!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Got my butt handed to me again in Buy #2 with not much other than some "nice" cards. I'll probably hang back on this one, but we shall see.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't mind other sources , but would like to see some newer wax like that 96 Leaf Sig, 01 Don Classics etc, but with that said I may sit out this round. May be back for #4.

Ryan

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Ryan, if you know of some places to get those products, let me know and I will see what I can get us.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I actually have a lot of unopened wax/cellos from the early 80's, I think 9 boxes of 89 UD Lo, 87 Donruss and Fleer racks, and some other fun stuff like 2002 Fleer Platinum Rack Boxes. Stuff I like and picked up over the years. Could do a vintage pack out if there's interest. Would save us shipping from the other vendor as well.

Members online

Latest posts