Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First look at 2010-11 Leaf/Panini certified.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm glad Panini is getting into hockey. I wish ITG would get UDs license, but I can wait until next year when UD is gone.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
My favorite is the dual Crosby/LeCavailier game-used skirt card.

But seriously, the Gordie Howe is my favorite...and I'm hoping a Tiger Williams autograph is somewhere on Panini's radar with this license.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
first off those look freaky amazing and I can't wait to see some Fleury's.

second not sure if that Gordie Howe auto or any other Howe auto will/can actually be produced. Upper Deck made this statement on their Twitter feed today...

Upper Deck said:
Our multi-year exclusive spokesman deal with Gordie Howe remains in tact. UD remains the only place you can find a signature of Mr. Hockey.

so we might already have our first controversy between Panini and UD in hockey :evil:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here is the product information thanks to cardboardconnection.com

2010-11 Panini Certified Hockey Product Details
GD Star Rating

Release Date: September 22nd, 2010
Box Configuration: 10 Packs/5 Cards Per Pack
Pack Price: $10
Product Type: Mid-Level Hockey Card Offering
Geared Toward: Hockey "Hit" Collectors, Premium Card Collectors, Memorabilia Collectors

What's In The Box?!?

* 1 Autograph
* 2 Memorabilia Card
* 1 Additional Auto/Memorabilia
* 1 Mirror Red Parallel
* 4 Additional Parallels or Inserts
* 50 Total Cards Per Box

Product Highlights/Details:

* Premium 2010-11 NHL Rookie Cards
* Prospects such as P.K. Suliban, Nazem Kadri, Zach Hammill, and many more numbered as low as 999
* Sweet die-cut memorabilia cards, dual swatch cards, dual auto's featuring hockey hobby heroes like Sidney Crosby, Zach Parise, and Ryan Miller.
* Autographs of living legends such as Gordie Howe, Phil Esposito, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Hull, Patrick Roy, and more
* Hard to find parallels including the 1/1 Mirror Black and Mirror Ice singles highlighted by Prime memorabilia swatches
* Rookie Redemptions for hot prospects that debut during the 2010-11 Season
* Look for Platinum Hot Boxes, where all commons are replaced by exclusive, limited-edition parallels
* Big Man On Campus cards featuring jumbo swatches and the hottest grads of the college hockey scene
* Junior Legacy combos hearken back to the day when hockey's biggest stars proved their skills in Canada's junior rinks. Look for dual-memorabilia and dual-auto versions
* Signed "Mask Marvels" featuring the leagues elite net minders

Description:

Certified Hockey makes a triumphant return to the hobby bearing legendary signatures and spectacular prime memorabilia cards.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Looks nice. What killed Panini basketball is the UD exclusives. If we want fair market, than there should be no exclusive players between UD and Panini. As for the comment on ITG needs a license instead of UD, forget that. I heard somewhere UD's license for hockey was extended 10 years. I personally dislike ITG, so the announcement of Panini on board is great as long as they can get same players as UD over the long run, otherwise, Panini cannot compete. If Panini can secure a top notch rookie, that would be a start...

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I've always disliked Certified football, but this stuff actually looks pretty dang good. We'll have to see how it turns out.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
maybe another product besides the Cup that I will break now.

I have always loved LCM. Might have to pick up a case to open or box out

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
All In Cards said:
maybe another product besides the Cup that I will break now.

I have always loved LCM. Might have to pick up a case to open or box out

Andrew depending on price I might be interested in a box.

Members online

Latest posts