Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Forget Monday Night - The Metrodome Roof has collapsed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
It's insane. People are saying that the entire thing collapsed and it looks like a sugar bowl. I couldn't imagine. Green Bay is on the road, they should just play at Lambeau :)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
People are so fickle. Reading the comments on wcco.com, most people are blasting the Vikes for not having a decent stadium, or saying they should leave! What does the Dome collapsing have to do with any of that? But I like the idea of playing at the Gophers stadium--TCF Field. Old school/Bud Grant days, baby! If a bunch of college kids can play hockey outside, the pros can play outside, too!

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2010/12/1 ... rk-giants/

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Card Magnet said:
I haven't seen a collapse that big since Favre's 2008 season.

or Favre's 2010 season. Minnestota gets 2 collapses for the price of one.

P.S. Arthur Moats is my hero.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Zeeck said:
It's insane. People are saying that the entire thing collapsed and it looks like a sugar bowl. I couldn't imagine. Green Bay is on the road, they should just play at Lambeau :)

When I was in Syracuse the Carrier Dome collapsed. It actually does not do much damage if any. As long as no holes it will be back up in no time

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
wheeler281 said:
Zeeck said:

When I was in Syracuse the Carrier Dome collapsed. It actually does not do much damage if any. As long as no holes it will be back up in no time

Yeah, there are big tears in the roof & snow on the field. They aren't sure if they'll even have it up in time for the MNF game against the Bears this year.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I had luxury box seats for today's game - it sucks I have to miss out, but at least it didn't happen while we were there. Holy crap.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
My wife told me it looked like the sugar bowl.

I told her the Sugar Bowl was in New Orleans.

She did not understand.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Crazy:

[youtube:sel7b1ht]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh5iE5FA84g&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:sel7b1ht]

Cmon Vikings to Salt Lake. We will build you a new stadium.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
wheeler281 said:
Zeeck said:

The Carrier Dome is supposed to be collapsible tho' and the design works very well. I haven't seen it posted, but I think this is the 4th time the MetroDome has collapsed, and it does have tears in the Roof, so it's questionable if it can be used anytime soon.

Worst Dome. EVER! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts