Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~Friday Morning Thread, 12/13~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well, I had a nice little mail day today. First was an Eddie Rosario Chrome Auto. I know he's supposedly suspended the first 50 games of the season, but I still have hopes for the kid. Then there were three 8x10s, all signed by members of the HOF. All three were/is prolific signers, but I got a great deal on them. They are of Bobby Doerr, George Kell, and Bob Feller. By the time I would have paid to print a Doerr 8x10, bought the stamps and envelopes, it would have been around $6, plus just buying one is less work than mailing my own. I bought the Feller to replace the one I currently have because my current one is 8x11. Not 8x10 or 8.5x11, but 8x11. And finally, George Kell, sadly he passed away a few years before I got into the TTM game. The Doerr and Kell are both inscribed with HOF 86 and 83 respectively. Finally, my last piece of mail was a nice TTM return. I really enjoy it when star players still take the time to respond to TTM requests. Yesterday I had Calvin Johnson, and today I had my first ever NBA return from Dirk Nowitzki

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Well, I had a nice little mail day today. First was an Eddie Rosario Chrome Auto. I know he's supposedly suspended the first 50 games of the season, but I still have hopes for the kid. Then there were three 8x10s, all signed by members of the HOF. All three were/is prolific signers, but I got a great deal on them. They are of Bobby Doerr, George Kell, and Bob Feller. By the time I would have paid to print a Doerr 8x10, bought the stamps and envelopes, it would have been around $6, plus just buying one is less work than mailing my own. I bought the Feller to replace the one I currently have because my current one is 8x11. Not 8x10 or 8.5x11, but 8x11. And finally, George Kell, sadly he passed away a few years before I got into the TTM game. The Doerr and Kell are both inscribed with HOF 86 and 83 respectively. Finally, my last piece of mail was a nice TTM return. I really enjoy it when star players still take the time to respond to TTM requests. Yesterday I had Calvin Johnson, and today I had my first ever NBA return from Dirk Nowitzki

My mail the last two days have just been MST3K DVD's. Volume 9 & The Wild World of Batwoman.

My bro & I swapped out the shower head last night too.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Sometimes being at work is easier, but it's not nearly as enjoyable!

oh so true. Went out at lunchtime and hit redbox and picked up the hobbit and superman. Gonna watch superman tonight for our daddy daughter movie night. Avery ate a little lunch and i laid her down a little before 1. And she fell asleep. But it sucked having to wake her at 230 to come get alie. Shes not the type to fall back asleep in the car, unfortunately. But i dozed a bit during her nap, but woke up with a headache. I thought naps were supposed to be helpful...

and someone mentioned Pacific King B discs in the 90s thread, and i log on just now and my ebay bar is filled with Bagwell King B discs just listed. Coincidence?

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Morning all. Submitted 4 cards to PSA through Jeff V here. Grades popped yesterday and lets just say daddy's apparently back on a hot streak :)

22386765GEM MINT 10 1988 TOPPS 592 DALE SVEUM
22386766GEM MINT 10 1989 DONRUSS 146 DALE SVEUM
22386767GEM MINT 10 1993 MOTHER'S COOKIES A's TEAM SET 11 DALE SVEUM
22386768GEM MINT 10 2013 TOPPS HERITAGE 399 DALE SVEUM

Fantastic results, sir!:eek:

For those that didn't catch last nights post, here's mail I received yesterday. Scanner is still down, so you have to live with iPhone pics.

This is a Profar Sepia auto /75 I picked up for $16, here on our transaction board.

View attachment 27275

This one was a gift from some members of a certain, daily thread. Many thanks to those guys. It's my first auto if him in my Royals PC and I absolutely love it!

View attachment 27276

Totally diggin' the Bo Jackson auto.:cool: I always wonder what his stats would've ended up looking like if he'd been able to stay healthy.

Good Morning Gents! Finishing up some coffee then getting ready to head out for work.

I have to go to work to finish up my coffee.:D

Bored. Made a new signature.

This guy approves of the new sig, Brad.:cool:

Today was a good day in the sweepstakes department for my wife. She had a knock on the door and it wound up being UPS with an XBox 360 Kinect she had won a few months ago. It's has two Disney themed games with it. She then gets online and promptly wins a years subscription to Netflix!!:eek::D
Hopefully the lucky streak continues tonight when I buy our Mega Millions tickets. The current jackpot is up to $400M.;)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Fantastic results, sir!:eek:

Thank you! The day got better, turns out all 4 are Pop 1 (though who else would submit lol)
Then received this in the mail
/25
2013%20Panini%20Hometown%20Heroes%20Hometown%20Signatures%20Gold_zpsnolaln33.jpg

Got two 16 hour days this weekend but I'm hoping for a phone call that can make this day even better.......

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
oh so true. Went out at lunchtime and hit redbox and picked up the hobbit and superman. Gonna watch superman tonight for our daddy daughter movie night. Avery ate a little lunch and i laid her down a little before 1. And she fell asleep. But it sucked having to wake her at 230 to come get alie. Shes not the type to fall back asleep in the car, unfortunately. But i dozed a bit during her nap, but woke up with a headache. I thought naps were supposed to be helpful...

and someone mentioned Pacific King B discs in the 90s thread, and i log on just now and my ebay bar is filled with Bagwell King B discs just listed. Coincidence?

I don't believe in coincidence :)

We are getting ready to go out to dinner. This is the first date night I've had with my wife, in 7 months. It's off to our favorite Chinese place, then off to pick up the last couple of items for gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts