Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game-Used Pants

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
While trolling ebay today, an auction for John Olerud game-used pants came up in the banner at the side. Is it just me, or are game-used pants alone one of the weirdest things you can have for your collection? I mean, if Sizemore or Thomas pants came up, I'd probably consider it, but I don't think I'd bid very high, if at all.

How would you display them? On a hanger? Framed? On a half-naked mannequin with the waistband rolled down so you can see the tagging?

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
All framed up with a jersey they look pretty cool. The frame can get expensive but it would be the center piece of your collection.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I dont see anything "weird" with having pants or 99% of the other types of GU stuff out there.
There is a nitch for everyone out there, why would game used pants be any different? Because their nutsack was in there? Who cares. If you have a game used jersey, its pretty plausible that the bottom of the jersey was touching his sack too, so if a little sack touchage scares you away, so should jerseys. :)

Im kinda a completest when it comes to Cuddyer, so when the opportunity came up to get a pair of GU pants, I got them, the usage on them is great, lots of grass and dirt set in stains, tears and repairs. There is no way right now for me to display them, so they hang on a hanger in my closet. I have what I would consider a complete jersey having a hat, batting helmet, jersey, pants, glove, batting glove, shoes, bat.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm with the OP, game used pants are a little weird. Even weirder when they are Don Zimmer's coaching pants - one item I can do without for my Zim collection. A lot weird telling people there was a "Gerbil" in those pants.

DSCN6105.JPG

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I saw that Olerud auction. Even though I'm an Olerud collector I have no interest in buying g/u pants. Sure there's the tag inside the waistband but there's not really anything special about pants that make me want to collect or display them. A jersey has the team logo with the player name and number, so it displays really nicely.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I saw that Olerud auction. Even though I'm an Olerud collector I have no interest in buying g/u pants. Sure there's the tag inside the waistband but there's not really anything special about pants that make me want to collect or display them. A jersey has the team logo with the player name and number, so it displays really nicely.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

I should have a friend of mine send me a picture of the game used Jersey and pants and how he displayed it. He uses a headless mannequin looks weird but so his he :lol:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I've got a pair of game-used Trent Dilfer pants in my collection. Actually they're from his time with the Seahawks so they're more likely "bench-used during a game" pants. While the last jersey of his (that I thought had questionable provenance) sold for several hundred bucks, I think I paid under $40 for the pants. I certainly wouldn't have paid a hundred. Those and a pair of shoes are the only full GU items of his that I have, and while I heavily collect some other players I don't think I would buy anybody else's pants...or even another pair of his pants. They are NOT on display because I think that would look a bit weird. I just have some GU bats, caps, and a jersey on display from my baseball collection.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'd wear them on my head and pretend I was Nester, the long-eared donkey...I'm with you OP, pants without the jersey brings a new meaning to "getting into their pants."

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure why some people go straight for the nutsack, but that was not my thinking. If you have a jersey to go with the pants, that's not the same thing as just the pants, which was what I was asking about. Put it this way, you are starting a new collection of the player of your dreams, owning no other items, and are offered free of charge one completely authentic game-used item of your choice: bat, jersey, glove, helmet, batting glove, jockstrap, shoes, etc., or pants, but you can never have any of the others. Which would you choose, and why? In what universe would anyone choose the pants?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Thinking about it all morning, now I think I want the pants. Maybe I was just weirded out by the idea because I was rejecting my own desires. I don't normally post about stuff like this, so maybe the extremity of my reaction is the inversion of the extremity of my desires.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I own several pairs of game used pants. I'm not a big fan, but bought them so I would have complete game used uniforms. One of these days I will buy mannequins to display them.

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
I think by themselves is a little weird, but if you got a mannequin and had a full game used uniform, that would be really sweet.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
My apologies for taking "weird" too literal

weird (wîrd)adj. weird·er, weird·est 1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural.
2. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.
3. Archaic Of or relating to fate or the Fates.

n.1. a. Fate; destiny.
b. One's assigned lot or fortune, especially when evil.

2. often Weird Greek & Roman Mythology One of the Fates.

tr. & intr.v. weird·ed, weird·ing, weirds Slang To experience or cause to experience an odd, unusual, and sometimes uneasy sensation. Often used with out.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I'm getting a chuckle out of this thread for some reason. You are only "weird" for buying game used pants if you sniff the crotch or rear end of them. Otherwise kinda cool for $40 for a favorite player.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would like a pair of Clark's to go w the Jersey I have , though its a World Series Gamer and I may have a tough time not having the WS pants rather just a "plain" version

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I don't think it would be too wierd to acquire the pants first as you'd hope that someday you might find a good deal on a jersey top and then can pair them up for your PC.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Game used pants are NOT wierd!! Settle down, people!
By the way, I am looking for a nice way to display this game used item, any ideas?