Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GDT: Penguins at Flames - Jan 13th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
1.png
vs.
flames_50t.png

the Penguins visit the Pengrowth Saddledome tonight to take on the Flames. this should be a very fast paced, physical and exciting game. the Pens are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games and the Flames are 6-3-1 in their last 10. this is the only game between the two teams this season unless/until they meet in the Stanley Cup Finals. this will be Sidney Crosby's second tour of Western Canada and his first as a Stanley Cup Champion.

here are each team's previews...

penguins.com

flames.com

I say the Pens win 5-4 in OT

letsgopens.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
woot woot ill be at the game tonight :D Representing MAF! Damn Expensive tickets though, second levels seats, we just paid $300 for the pair

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
have fun Bilko and hopefully Fleury plays a solid game tonight and gets some help from his d-men.

Thanks Dave, im really pumped up for the game tonight!! Im also thinking about going to the airport after the game to try and get a few autos, not 100% sure on that yet though. They play in Edmonton tomorrow night, so im pretty sure they will be leaving for Edmonton as soon as the game ends tonight.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
well good luck if you do decide to go to the airport for auto's.

I just read that Stephane Auger (the ref that Alexandre Burrows accused of making payback calls on him) is refereeing the game tonight. there should be a lot of talk about this today on the tv and radio in both cities. I would hope that Auger didn't really do this and if he did he should lose his job.

[youtube:1g89ioap]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkG0fyvAeA0[/youtube:1g89ioap]

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here are some pics from the Pens twitter page...

Sid talking to the media after practice

57076052.jpg

Fleury and Fedotenko signing autographs after practice

57095546.jpg

overhead shot from warmups

57101980-bd818b2e10b8f6d405b4f972c9.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Pens lead 1-0 after the first period on Sidney Crosby's 30th goal on the season. Sid's career igh is 39 in his rookie year of 2005-06. he is currently on pace for 51 goals.

letsgopens.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Pens lead 2-1 after the 2nd period.

goals by

Mark Giordano (CGY) on the power play

and

[strike:eek:c6qhn5t]Alex Goligoski (PIT)[/strike:eek:c6qhn5t] on the power play - the goal was given to Bill Guerin (PIT)

letsgopens.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:D :D :D :D :D

Pens win 3-1

Tyler Kennedy with the 3rd goal for the Pens with under 2 minutes to go.

Fleury played amazing and stopped 37 shots.

hope you had a great time Bilko.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Just got home here about an hour ago from the game and the airport. The Game was great with Crosby scoring and Fleury played really well, couldn't have asked for more, except maybe a shut-out :D

After the game we killed a little bit of time and drove over to Calgary airport. Its no LAX. but its still a fairly big airport for a city with over a million people, you can get lost in it very easily. We went right to the Canadian departures section of the airport, since the Pens where going to Edmonton, we figured this was going to be where they come through. It was very quiet around there, just a few odd people walking around. I was expecting to see at least a couple media parties with their TV crews and at least i was thinking there would be some fans there as well. Didn't see anyone so after waiting/walking around 30 minutes or so, i decided to ask someone. He told me that i was in the wrong terminal. He said that all Charter flights, regardless of destination, leave and arrive at a different terminal, then the one that i was at. The correct terminal was actually a 10 minute drive away and would have been closer to get there, just if i had gone their first.

So yeah... you can probably guess the end to this story, we just missed them (by minutes we were told) once we got to the correct terminal :( :( :(
I am so disappointed as i took a few really cool items that i wanted to get signed. I took 2 Cup Champs ball caps to get signed, a really nice small Reebok poster of Sid in his Quebec junior jersey. Also wanted to get the Sid Stanley Cup SI issue signed. Had a MAF poster to get signed and also brought McFarlane bases of Staal and Malkin. My brother came with me and since he doesn't collect he was gonna get stuff signed for me, but i guess it was never ment to happen, so disappointed. :cry: :cry: ::facepalm::

Well... theres always next year and let me tell you this now, ill be way more prepared and will be getting the autos at the morning skate or the Hotel, fruck the airport

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Great story. I get to go to my first game of the season on Monday. Best part about it, is that I get to take my five year old daughter to her first ever hockey game. She is so excited.

Hwilensky

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
glad to hear you had a great time at the game Bilko but that sucks that you missed out on getting some autographs.

Hwilensky have fun at the game with your daughter. I get to see your Islanders play the Pens next Tuesday night at the Mellon Arena and I am excited to see Tavares live.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Sid's goal...

[youtube:3q930ogp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-g1GbE0IjQ[/youtube:3q930ogp]

Brian McGratten vs Eric Godard...

[youtube:3q930ogp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkqrB8ZWPoA[/youtube:3q930ogp]

Fleury & Crosby postgame interviews...

[youtube:3q930ogp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1C0J82koFU[/youtube:3q930ogp]

Members online

Latest posts