Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good news story - ebay transaction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
Back in December of '10 I sold a Cliff Lee Triple Threads auto/gu #'d/18 on ebay. Buyer paid right away, and I shipped the next day. A month rolls around, and the buyer still had not received the card. Couple of weeks later, still no card, so I refund the buyer in full (including shipping). We make the deal that if the card ever arrives, he will send the paypal back.

It had been about 4 months since the card was shipped, so I had forced myself to forget about it, and take the loss. Fast forward to yesterday, April 25th. I get an email from the buyer to say that the card arrived. He also asked if I wanted the paypal back, or if he should ship the card back.

I'm would guess that the vast majority of buyers on ebay wouldn't have informed the seller that the card arrived 4 months after the fact. Had he not sent me an email, I would have never known that he received it.

Nice to know that there are still some honest ebayers out there, when I know that many would not have offered to send the paypal.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
That rocks! If I where you I would at least give him a few bucks off. Honesty like that needs to be rewarded.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
~We can't have posts like this that have no drama or strife.~

But seriously it's great that he let you know he eventually recieved. I had the same situation happen a few months ago. It took 9 weeks for the card to finally be delivered in Snellville GA. I didn't get the paypal back but the buyer sent me a thank you card with a few golf collectibles enclosed.

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
I did. I considered the value of the card when it was sold (right after Cliff Lee signed with the Phils) compared to what it would be worth now. I made an offer, and he actually came back and offered $5 more than my offer. Stand up guy.

nyc3 said:
That rocks! If I where you I would at least give him a few bucks off. Honesty like that needs to be rewarded.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
nyc3 said:

This.

If he originally bought the card for $50 (just throwing a random # out there) I'd thank him for his honesty and ask him to send me something like $45. Not a huge amount, but the discount would reflect gratitude. Nice to hear about these things every once in awhile!

EDIT: You posted the response before I submitted mine...sounds like a very stand-up guy indeed. What is the buyer's username?

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
indianajdp said:
nyc3 said:

This.

If he originally bought the card for $50 (just throwing a random # out there) I'd thank him for his honesty and ask him to send me something like $45. Not a huge amount, but the discount would reflect gratitude. Nice to hear about these things every once in awhile!

You're pretty much bang on. The card sold as Best Offer for $50, plus $3 for shipping. I asked him to send me $40, and he came back 5 minutes later and said he was sending $45.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Believe it or not, honesty is still out there.

I sold a card for $10. Guy sent two $10s for payment. I emailed and said "Hey, just wondering if you meant to send 2 $10s?" Guy was happy that I was honest and thanked me for such.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
********!!!! I call ********!!! NOBODY posts about good Ebay experiences. :twisted:

lol. Just kidding. I am glad that things have turned out for you. While they might be few and far apart these days, not all people using Ebay are bad people.

Members online

Latest posts