Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~Good Saturday Morning Thread~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
stu said:
JackLondon said:
stu said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1sekxe2j]
stu said:
Good morning.

Good Morning! How goes it your way?
Going to be a friggin hot one. I need to talk a neighborhood kid into mowing my yard.

I'll do it for $10!
DONE! Mower and gas are in the garage. Lock up when you are done.

Same here, good man Andrew![/quote:1sekxe2j]

Alright! Finally found a summer job!

stu

Jan 24, 2010
JackLondon said:
George_Calfas said:
stu said:
JackLondon said:
stu said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1ghrxuw8][quote="stu":1ghrxuw8]Good morning.

Good Morning! How goes it your way?
Going to be a friggin hot one. I need to talk a neighborhood kid into mowing my yard.

I'll do it for $10!
DONE! Mower and gas are in the garage. Lock up when you are done.

Same here, good man Andrew![/quote:1ghrxuw8]

Alright! Finally found a summer job![/quote:1ghrxuw8]
Weed eat the curb, and there's an extra $5 in it for you.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
A few of you might remember me kvetching about a vintage postcard related to Jack London a few months ago.

I originally saw a postcard I wanted in an ebay store for $13, which was too high for that particular card. I sent a Best Offer of $8 to the seller. Seller never responded to my offer, let it expire and then jacked the price up to a whopping $23!!

I wasn't about to pay that so I bided my time. I searched ebay and the internet over the past few months and couldn't find any but the overpriced one.

Checked ebay this morning and the $23 is still there.

But wait! What is this???? Could it be??? :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wild-Waters-Wake-Ro ... 483aae06bb

BAM!!! TAKE THAT Mr. Overpriced Postcard Dude!! :D

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Been fun fellas, but we've practiced batting and pitching outside. Now it is time to finish getting ready and move onto the ballfield!! I will definitely catch you all later and update you on both of the boys games!

Peace out!

David

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
Andrew, great pic up and price!

I am pretty darn whonked about it! :mrgreen:

The postcard shows an area bordering Jack London State Historic Park and was next to a lodge frequented by Jack and Charmian about 100 years ago.

We plan to take another tour of this exact area (think bridge was renovated recently) this July!

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I just found a tick on my shoulder. I can feel the Lyme Disease kicking in already.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
George_Calfas said:
stu said:
I just found a tick on my shoulder. I can feel the Lyme Disease kicking in already.

At the dig site I must find 10 or so on me daily.
I just took a stroll through the back yard. Friggin nasty creatures. This was a little one and hadn't settled in.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Showers are just starting. Birthday BBQ we were supposed to goto was canceled. Don't really want to plant the garden in the rain, so I think we are going to bake cupcakes instead.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thefatguy said:
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Yeah I did. Sad thing is, I already had 1 of the #/5 patch/auto cards, but I needed the 08 Premier patch #/25, so thought I could get both for a cheap price. You know anyone that might be interested in a Bay patch/auto #/5? :lol:
Ummmmm :lol:

Mr. Pitt get's first crack.

Edit: Heh...post 69

:D I know someone who needs it? :D

thanks Jesse.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thefatguy said:
I guess everyone is enjoying their saturdays?? :lol:

I was busy clearing outside drains of debris around campus so they would stop clogging. send some of those cupcakes to Pittsburgh when they are done baking please.

Andrew I actually remember "the Postcard Incident" and congrats on finding it $20 cheaper.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
pghbuccos said:
thefatguy said:
I guess everyone is enjoying their saturdays?? :lol:

I was busy clearing outside drains of debris around campus so they would stop clogging. send some of those cupcakes to Pittsburgh when they are done baking please.

Andrew I actually remember "the Postcard Incident" and congrats on finding it $20 cheaper.

Hi Dave. Yep, I was pretty excited to see the same one for only $3. Haven't hit a BIN that fast in a long time! :lol:

To be honest, that particular postcard shouldn't be more than $5 or so, anyway.

Not really a steal, just a good deal for a collector!

Members online

No members online now.