Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great front page article - rare GU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
^ could not agree more.....here are a few Musial's since he is tougher and a couple of others.

I always trusted DLP since they told you the uni the item come from, UD and Topps a little less so.

Laundry tag
stan1.jpg
MusialFOTG1.jpg

Schoendienst_Tail.jpg
Schoendienst_Letter.jpg
Schoendienst_SS.jpg

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Some gorgeous cards being shown here, thanks for sharing.

The Mathewson Pants someone showed are on the list of rarities! I also love the Foxx Glove - so very different, as well as the Leon Day. There was a Mathewson Pants that sold recently - [phil:jvnfirng]170625393903[/phil:jvnfirng] - I remember watching one of those end for $75 a few years back, so they have risen.

Great stuff guys!

Oh and related to other cards on the list -[phil:jvnfirng]280652865743[/phil:jvnfirng] - a McGraw bat didn't meet reserve.

autocut

George_Calfas said:
^ could not agree more.....here are a few Musial's since he is tougher and a couple of others.

I always trusted DLP since they told you the uni the item come from, UD and Topps a little less so.

DLP messes up too.

glaus_front.jpg
Front of card. Gray jersey swatch with purple pinstripe.

glaus_back.jpg
Back: white jersey

G

mrwhitesox30 said:

A lot of great players in this thread. But, this is probably the one that I'd most want to add.

I just picked up this Frisch. It's actually a patch. A bad patch. But a patch.

Frisch-2005LeafCertifiedMaterials.jpg

Here's an odd combo patch I picked up last year too.

Wynn-Newhouser-2005AbsoluteMemorabilia.jpg

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Chris Levy said:
mrwhitesox30 said:

A lot of great players in this thread. But, this is probably the one that I'd most want to add.

I just picked up this Frisch. It's actually a patch. A bad patch. But a patch.

Frisch-2005LeafCertifiedMaterials.jpg

Here's an odd combo patch I picked up last year too.

Wynn-Newhouser-2005AbsoluteMemorabilia.jpg

just curious as to why you say the Wynn/Newhouser patch is odd. BTW love the Frisch.

G

383astro said:
just curious as to why you say the Wynn/Newhouser patch is odd. BTW love the Frisch.

I just think of Newhouser as a Tiger. So I always find the cards that show legends on their non-primary teams a little 'odd' and generally I avoid those.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Chris Levy said:
383astro said:

I just think of Newhouser as a Tiger. So I always find the cards that show legends on their non-primary teams a little 'odd' and generally I avoid those.

understood

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
major major major sickness in this thread.

Ummm yeah, color me extremely impressed.

Here's a Ruth I stumbled across - [phil:2049v9ne]230611577958[/phil:2049v9ne] - love all the pinstripes.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
When looking at patches, I think it's just as important to look at the actual patch as it is to look at the player. For instance, the Bob Feller Topps Sterling jumbo patch probably isn't from his playing days, and I think the price reflects that. I think the same goes for the Eddie Mathews Prime Cuts patches and also some of his other patch cards. To me, those pieces aren't as rare or hard to find as "true" game-used, like I think the patches below are from. This post is long enough, so I won't add any of my button cards, as those are obviously rare for any vintage player.

Kaline and Fox patches are hard to find, but if UD had jerseys of each why didn't they make more? I wonder if there are jerseys of each sitting in their vaults.
AlKaline.jpg
NellieFox.jpg

I was waiting for you to post as I know you have a ton a great patch cards of rare players. I agree with you that some of the older players patch cards are clearly not from playing days and thus are cheaper. Also as for Kaline he does not have a lot of patch cards but as for UD I guess maybe the 21 regular and 30 autographed versions could have used up all the patches for the jersey as they would only have the English D and the number 6 with which to make patches from. I will throw up a few patches of rarer guys not yet posted.

cardinalsmarion.jpg
erniebankspatch.jpg

kalineleafpatch.jpg
KalinePatch.jpg
ScannedImage-3.jpg

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
All of these awesome cards make me wish more GU like this came up for auction!

There is a really rare Rogers Hornsby Bat Card /9 ending soon from old Topps Tribute - [phil:zbzl0xq9]290555485179[/phil:zbzl0xq9]

G

Here's the big question of the thread.

How much have the people in this thread cost each other over the years bidding against one another on these cards? :cry:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone considering adding any cards from the new Topps Tribute release?

Members online

Latest posts