Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone else noticed how hot JD Martinez has been?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
phillyfan0417 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":3c9xj5e4]
aminors said:
marterburn said:
what do you all see as a blue-sky ceiling for him? Todd Helton? George Brett?

He has the ceiling of Bryce Harper with better tools, but the floor of Justin Upton with better tools.

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ok Nostradamus....... I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

You may have missed the sarcasm...

Yeah I missed the sarcasm because there wasn't anything to actually denote he wasn't serious, besides the fact that I'd think 9 out of 10 people on this site would never put Justin Upton and JD Martinez in the same sentence.

I believe the statement in itself was fairly clear in its sarcastic nature...[/quote:3c9xj5e4]

Yeah, I think 98% of the people on this board would have realized it was clearly said tongue in cheek. You don't always need the ~~ to denote sarcasm.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
phillyfan0417 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":35563qex]
aminors said:
marterburn said:
what do you all see as a blue-sky ceiling for him? Todd Helton? George Brett?

He has the ceiling of Bryce Harper with better tools, but the floor of Justin Upton with better tools.

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ok Nostradamus....... I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

You may have missed the sarcasm...

Yeah I missed the sarcasm because there wasn't anything to actually denote he wasn't serious, besides the fact that I'd think 9 out of 10 people on this site would never put Justin Upton and JD Martinez in the same sentence.

I believe the statement in itself was fairly clear in its sarcastic nature...[/quote:35563qex]

Yeah, it was completely not serious. The stupidity of the statement alone should have been hint numero uno. Phillyfan's common sense > your common sense.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Zymco said:
http://www.fangraphs.com/not/index.php/miracle-gif-j-d-martinez-vs-gravity/

Huge night on 21st. Along with this game saving through he had a home run, a double, and four rbi's.

How good of a through was it? Sorry had to do it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
After his huge start, he had a couple games where he struck out a few times and his average dipped down. He's batting .325 over the last 10 games and his average is back up over .300 on the year now, with 5 homers and now 22 RBI.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous when he hit that short slump because I had a pretty big stash, but now I've moved enough to pay for the majority of my buy-in and I'm very happy I still have some nice cards of him left to sit on. He's exciting to watch and follow every night.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Crewfan82 said:
Zymco said:

Huge night on 21st. Along with this game saving through he had a home run, a double, and four rbi's.

Ouch, my bad. It was one of the best throws i've seen this year though.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Zymco said:
Crewfan82 said:
Zymco said:

I will have to find a vid of it and check it out.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Crewfan82 said:
Zymco said:
Crewfan82 said:
Zymco said:

I will have to find a vid of it and check it out.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=18284777

I could watch throws like this all day. Absolute cannon and a perfect strike, plus a great plate block by the catcher too.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Already has a double and 2 RBI tonight. I just looked at his numbers for 162 games based on his current stats and his projected line is:

.300 Average
34 Homers
169 RBI
69 Doubles

So looks like the early favorite for the 2012 MVP is JD Martinez.

No I'm not serious, but it's fun to look at projections when guys get off to great starts like this.

Members online