Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hit by pitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
How much more will the Brewers take before they start charging the mound. Gomez got hit twice last night with the last one sending him to the hospital. I don't buy it when people say the pitch got away from the pitcher, I think a lot of this is done intentionally.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
jrinne said:
How much more will the Brewers take before they start charging the mound. Gomez got hit twice last night with the last one sending him to the hospital. I don't buy it when people say the pitch got away from the pitcher, I think a lot of this is done intentionally.
Come on really? The Cubs were losing like 15-1 and this time and most of the runs were scored on hits and not homeruns, so why would you think anyone would be throwing intentionally at him or anyone else in this lop-sided affair. I was watching the game, and yes he did get hit twice, and the last one was really bad, but I still don't think it was intentional.

I'm sure there will be warning to both teams before the game even starts today.

Just my take on the whole thing.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Pine Tar said:
jrinne said:
Come on really? The Cubs were losing like 15-1 and this time and most of the runs were scored on hits and not homeruns, so why would you think anyone would be throwing intentionally at him or anyone else in this lop-sided affair. I was watching the game, and yes he did get hit twice, and the last one was really bad, but I still don't think it was intentional.

I'm sure there will be warning to both teams before the game even starts today.

Just my take on the whole thing.

I'm not a fan of pitchers throwing at guys in retaliation but I want to see Narveson drill someone tonight. Its not just the Cubs, its a lot of teams. These guys are Major League Pitchers, which means they are the best of the best. Either they suck throwing inside or their doing it intentionally.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Dont know about this lopsided game.... you have pissed off pitchers get embarassed, you never know...

If youve ever pitched, you will know they do take off from time to time. And you also have batters diving towards the plate too.

I was a left handed pitcher who threw in the mid 90's with a 3/4 release point, and a couple times a game the arm would drag a bit and the ball would take off up and in to a lefty, especially the 4 seamer.

In college I nailed one guy under his armpit and broke 2 ribs on 1 pitch and you could still see the bruised imprint of the ball seams weeks later. He was a friend of mine too.

IMO If a lefty hits a righty....... It has more of a chance to be intentional. slipped pitches dont move that way.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
fkw said:
Dont know about this lopsided game.... you have pissed off pitchers get embarassed, you never know...

If youve ever pitched, you will know they do take off from time to time. And you also have batters diving towards the plate too.

I was a left handed pitcher who threw in the mid 90's with a 3/4 release point, and a couple times a game the arm would drag a bit and the ball would take off up and in to a lefty, especially the 4 seamer.

In college I nailed one guy under his armpit and broke 2 ribs on 1 pitch and you could still see the bruised imprint of the ball seams weeks later. He was a friend of mine too.

IMO If a lefty hits a righty....... It has more of a chance to be intentional. slipped pitches dont move that way.

exactly what this cat said... if you were/are a pitcher watching the games its easy to tell if it was intentional, for those who were/are not pitchers or unfamiliar with the game it can be a little more difficult to tell. sometimes the pitchers are very blatant about hitting someone and make it painfully obvious they are trying to hit them, others, like i said, make it more difficult to tell unless you know what you are looking at. then there are guys like greg maddux, who when they hit you you know its on purpose, since guys like that have the control... then there is always the clemens/ryan beanball game from the 90s..

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
While I don't know that Gomez got hit intentionally, I do know I rolled my eyes when I read that.

A better getting hit may be an unintended side effect of pitching inside, but if the Brewers keep getting hit at the rate they are going, nasty retaliation is going to be another side effect. If Milwaukee had come back and drilled someone like Castro last night, I can't have a problem with it. Even if it's not on purpose, if a team is going to get hit a much-higher-than-average amount of times, things happen.

"Oh, the ball got away from me." Yeah, well, we slipped too then. If you aren't going to control your stuff any better, neither are we.

Members online