Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hobby terms which irk you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
"Rookie Card" as referring to a Bowman Draft card of someone who never made it past High A ball.
"Semi-star" I get it in reference to vintage cards, but the term is dated when referring to anything modern in my mind.
"Book value" has been discussed. It is a dead topic at this point.

There is another, but it's evading me right now.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bowman is bowman, bowman chrome is chrome. Pretty easy.

yes, you'd think until you buy a bowman chrome h/c set from someone who claims they've been case-busting bowman for 2 years and they send you a bowman paper. When asked about it, it's essentially "oops".

That's why I like bowman paper and bowman chrome terms because it means the seller should have an understanding there are differences between the two types.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
yes, you'd think until you buy a bowman chrome h/c set from someone who claims they've been case-busting bowman for 2 years and they send you a bowman paper. When asked about it, it's essentially "oops".

That's why I like bowman paper and bowman chrome terms because it means the seller should have an understanding there are differences between the two types.

A seller should have an understanding between the difference of Bowman and Bowman Chrome

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the RC/RC LOGO/MLB RC/PROSPECT/TOP PROSPECT

As in Bryce Harper was a Prospect and RC for 4 Years!!!!!!---so what is his actual RC???

2010 Bowman Chrome USA
2011 Bowman Chrome Prospects
2011 Bowman Chrome
2011 Bowman Chrome Draft
2012 Bowman Chrome
2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects
2012 Bowman Chrome Draft
2013 Bowman Chrome---maybe he was not considered a RC anymore by this time, I dont recall, but I think you get the idea...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I am surprised nobody has mentioned the RC/RC LOGO/MLB RC/PROSPECT/TOP PROSPECT

it doesn't bug me. The RC logo is unobtrusive plus I have certain brands that I consider their RC if I am going to be a stickler for having to have an athlete's RC in my PC.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
How about the eBay terms Like LOOK HOTTTT SP etc?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts