Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~ HOCKEY TALK THREAD 2011-12 SEASON ~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
Tampa's new away jerseys look waayy too much like Toronto's from afar. I spent a good 30 seconds on Saturday wondering when the Leafs signed Garon and why they weren't playing Reimer, and then I saw Marty St. Louis and it all clicked.

Maybe I just need to wear my glasses when I watch hockey on the tube...

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Of course the Wild lose to the Islanders. I was hoping we'd start off the season hot and go like 5-0, but nah, we lose our second game of the season. Booooo. :lol:

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Also, I just want to say that it's awesome that I get to go to the first two Wild home games of the season. Went to the home opener against the Blue Jackets and get to see them again on Thursday against the Oilers. I've only ever been to one Wild game before this season and I'm already about to go to two in a matter of two possible games. :D

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Season so far has been a giant ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Tried watching Colorado game. I swear you could have heard a pin drop in the Garden with the new Euro NHL. Bruins should be happy they sold out before the season. Empty seats everywhere watching some of the games last night on free preview of NHL ticket. A lot of markets won't support this brand of hockey at even half price. Who gonna want to pay to see this garbage. I just hope pink hats pony up and start buying into this stuff NHL is trying to cater to.

joelmcook

Aug 1, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
What I think is going to hit on the games today

Florida Panthers +1.5 (-200) O 5.5 (+115) +150 (Moneyline)
Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5 (+190) U 5.5 (-125) -160

Minnesota Wild +1.5 (-275) O 5.5 (+100) +110
Ottawa Senators -1.5 (+235) U 5.5 (-120) -130

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
joelmcook said:
Who is staring in net for Florida and Pittsburgh tonight

MAF will be in goal for the Pens. I would imagine Theodore for the Panthers.

Evgeni Malkin is not playing.

it could be another low scoring game like Sunday night but [strike:ksx7vzw3]then again the Pens always do good against Theodore[/strike:ksx7vzw3].

EDIT: yikes I was way off on that Theodore has a 19-4-3 career record against the Pens.

picking a winner will be a tough call.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Malkin injured again? wow, what is it now Bucco.

Glimmer of hope in Nashville, they did claim McGratton on waivers. I don't see how anybody can stand the Nashville TV guys. When watching the free preview weeks on NHL ticket deal. Some teams have some bad TV. But Nashville always seemed to have the most boring, followed by St. Louis.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Curtis Glencross slew footed Malkin on Saturday night and Malkin has some soreness in his leg. he did not play Sunday night either. he skated today but will not play tonight. I would imagine he will play Thursday against the Caps.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Sean Avery reported to the AHL's Hartford Whale today...

via Puck Daddy

(he doesn't look very happy to be there)
after_being_cut_by_the_rangers_sean_avery_is_a_whale.jpg

joelmcook

Aug 1, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
pghbuccos said:
Sean Avery reported to the AHL's Hartford Whale today...

via Puck Daddy

(he doesn't look very happy to be there)
after_being_cut_by_the_rangers_sean_avery_is_a_whale.jpg

I read somewhere (I think rotoworld) saying that he came into camp in great shape and at times looked liked the best skater on the ice. You would think someone would of dealt with his crappy attitude if the talent is there. Its kind of ironic he has turned into sloppy seconds lol.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
in a few of the Rangers preseason games Avery looked like their best player. I guess his attitude and his Cap hit just became too much for the Rangers brass to handle. I am surprised another team didn't claim him but I guess he has worn out his welcome throughout the NHL.

:lol: to him becoming sloppy seconds. I'm sure Dion Phaneuf is laughing at him as well.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
It's too bad Avery isn't in NHL. Nice to have guys to hate. I think he is getting blackballed for going to the media with what was said on ice. That is a huge NO NO !!!!

bruins give Peverley 3 year deal. I hope they didn't overspend on him. A decent player but nothing special. Also Seguin moved up to first line with DK out. Maybe Lucic and Horton will decide to start playing this season. Seguin and Marshmandt are about only Bruins playing hard.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Okay, heading to Philly tomorrow for the home opener and I'm torn on something. How bout a little help here?

After every home game I go to, I hang out in the parking lot for autographs. This is my first game in quite a while and I'm nowhere near prepared. I'm going to buy a program, but I wanted to do something else for autographs. Here are the options I've thought of (if you have any better ones, please say them).

1. Buy a bag of blank pucks. If I remember right, I can get a dozen for around $20 at Sports Authority.

2. Buy a full sized white helmet and make it my mission to get it signed by the whole team this season.

3. I'll be getting new jerseys in the coming months and I have a Pronger, Briere, and Gagne from last season. Get one of these signed by whoever comes out. I have a handful of signed jerseys though so this is my least favorite option.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts