Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many times have you thought about adding another player to your collection ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Especially one that still may be active / in the twilight of his career, that you did enjoy following when he came up from the minors or as he started to establish himself in the majors ? I've been doing this far too often, as of late. Unfortunately for me, I've collected WAY too many folks during my baseball loving days. Fortunately, they've been stacked far apart, for the most part, from when they played.

My question basically is, do you ever go back, pick up where you left off on that PC or let it lie dormant. And, if you go back and start up the PC again, what makes you do it ?

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
Doesn't really answer you're question, but I've been debating adding a current player to collect. I haven't made the leap as there are still so many Edgar cards that I don't have, but collecting an active young player really appeals to me.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
whenever a new player with cards or gu items for sale matriculates at Vanderbilt. It was a lot cheaper for me when it was just David Price and Jeremy Sowers.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In 2014 I am going to PC collect more, but not of a specific player. Just keep n look for items of players/sets I like. I really have only held into Clark's and Mike Brown cards, but I'm looking to expand

Ryan

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I thought a lot about collecting another player but always concluded that I didn't want to spend potential "Olerud money" on another player.

After the 2010 season I decided to collect a current player so that I could chase some newer stuff, and started a Ricky Romero PC. That lasted about a month before I lost interest. I was able to sell most of his cards off before his 2012 debacle.

Back in May I started a J.P. Arencibia PC which I think will stick. It's brought some excitement back to my collecting, checking new product releases for his cards as well as following him on a day-to-day basis.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I already collect 2 active players which is enough for me. :lol:

I have several player collections now. I used to have a couple and then dropped down to one because of monetary concerns. I am now back up to several. They are kind of tiered for me. Adam Dunn is my first and primary collecting concern. If I am able to add to that, I will always add to that above all else. Second would be Brandon Phillips and Chris Sabo. I have 88% of the produced Sabo cards, so it can be slow going finding, much less picking up, something that I need for that collection. My other player collections are Reds as well.

I have a decent Barry Larkin collection. Nothing high end or anything like that, but from picking up lots and making trades, I have landed a nice little starter collection of him.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It happens a lot, especially around draft time. Instead of full-on collecting every player that I like, I maybe just buy a card or two.

I used to try and collect everyone I liked, but it became harder and harder to keep track of everything. It also ate away at my card funds.

Members online

Latest posts