Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much do you spend per month....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
on cards and memorabilia? do you have limits or a plan/schedule of what to buy? or just buy anything you want? or do you so much/percentage on GU and then this amount on Player collection base and sets or? Unfortunately I am paying off CC bills and only get to spend 100 a month on cards. What about you?

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Right now, anywhere from $0-40.

That goes from buying nothing (I have tried to cut back) to buying at most 2 blasters per month.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I generally only spend the money which I make from selling other cards. Rarely does "new" money really ever get added.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Lately about $100 a month, usally more around 40. I usally only spend around 10-15 out of pocket though.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
It's been lowering the last few weeks, but usually a month, about $60-$80 I'd say.

LuckySlugger

Aug 7, 2008
Alabama
Not as much as I would like. That is for certain.

But ever since I completed my set, I really haven't bought anything with the exception of a few Samardzijas.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I try to limit myself to $25 a week.

Now that said, I have been known to spend 4 months worth of purchases in 10 minutes when a ryan card comes up that are beyond rare (this is pre 95 stuff only).

I lookk for anything I do not currently have of ryan. I am also beyond frugal so unless the card is missing from my (non psa) psa master set, I will usually only pay about 10% bv. My sniping company probably hates me since I may win 1 out of every 100 items I bid on.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
totally depends on eBAY -

I bid the same - sometimes I win $200 - this month only $25.

Of course - I also spent with blowout this month (first time in a year)

Average - yeah, $100/month

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I've netted about $7000 in spending since I got back into collecting in December. Most of that is back pay from last year (my union worked without a contract for the whole year)

I'll probably settle in at $1000-$2000 a month depending on what shows up on Ebay (probably usually closer to $1000 for the most part)

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
LuckySlugger said:
Not as much as I would like. That is for certain.

But ever since I completed my set, I really haven't bought anything with the exception of a few Samardzijas.

That set ranks in my top 10 of sweetest sets I have seen completed. Very nice, congrats

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
chuckbartowski said:
I've netted about $7000 in spending since I got back into collecting in December. Most of that is back pay from last year (my union worked without a contract for the whole year)

I'll probably settle in at $1000-$2000 a month depending on what shows up on Ebay (probably usually closer to $1000 for the most part)

I love the stuff you buy. Very nice stuff. You go good taste.

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
I need some kind of counseling I think, the prices have just been so cheap I can't restrain myself. I spent close to 2k in 2 months, but I easily made 2k in 2 months last spring on a LOT less cards. I am chilling out now, and happy baseball season is getting close!

Members online