Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I need help with a Ron Francis Hurricanes card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
I have been kind of lurking as I am not sure if I am getting completely out of cards or not, BUT...

I do not collect NHL so I have VERY little NHL to trade, but I need a Ron Francis card in his Hurricanes jersey.

IF there is such a thing as an inexpensive GU card but if not some kind of Flashy card with a refractor type look or the see thru types I have seen on some of the ICE sets.

I need this for a friend and do not want anything high end but it HAS to be in his Hurricanes jersey.

Thanks and hopefully I can get some help.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
welcome to FCB. you don't have to collect cards to stay around and talk sports here.

here you go...

[ebay:57oo2iqy]390141020203[/ebay:57oo2iqy]

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
Thanks, I have a few on watch on eBay but I figured since I am signed up here I would see if I could get a cool looking, inexpensive one here in a trade and get me feet wet.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
cano collector said:
Thanks, I have a few on watch on eBay but I figured since I am signed up here I would see if I could get a cool looking, inexpensive one here in a trade and get me feet wet.

ok well I don't have any Francis cards in a Canes uni. you should make on post on the hockey transactions board. good luck and I hope to see you around FCB.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
pghbuccos said:
cano collector said:

ok well I don't have any Francis cards in a Canes uni. you should make on post on the hockey transactions board. good luck and I hope to see you around FCB.

Sorry, I didn't even realize I pit it in the wrong spot. I will post it there. Thanks again for the welcome.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
cano collector said:
pghbuccos said:
[quote="cano collector":zcs8p7yr]Thanks, I have a few on watch on eBay but I figured since I am signed up here I would see if I could get a cool looking, inexpensive one here in a trade and get me feet wet.

Sorry, I didn't even realize I pit it in the wrong spot. I will post it there. Thanks again for the welcome.[/quote:zcs8p7yr]

no need to be sorry. nothing wrong with having it in both places.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
G $MONEY$ said:
Sorry i dont have any Ron Francis Jersey cards but i just wanted to welcome you to FCB.

Thanks. It doesn't have to be a jersey card. As long as it is in a Canes Uni and is like a refractor look or something else cool. I just need a cool looking of flashy looking card for something I am making for him

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
He is a soldier from Carolina and I am making something like this but of Francis for him. It will be the 1st Hockey one I have made but I have some cool ideas for him. I am making all the Panthers they have of them as well as both of the Bobcats NBA figures.

020.jpg

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
pghbuccos said:
that's awesome. is the piece of sheet metal is autographed?

I have that Stewart McFarlane.

No, I live in Ohio and was going to get it at Eldora but my Best Friend's Grandma wanted it for a gift for her friend so I gave it to her. I started making NASCAR ones and moved to other sports. The buddy of mine in the service is from South Carolina and I am going to use plexiglass for the base on the Francis.

I have sent a few to troops, given some as gifts and sold a few others, but it is keeping me semi-sane doing it. i wanted to display my figures instead of having them in the boxes on the wall. I also wanted to display cards so I made them look classy and killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
cano collector said:
pghbuccos said:

No, I live in Ohio and was going to get it at Eldora but my Best Friend's Grandma wanted it for a gift for her friend so I gave it to her. I started making NASCAR ones and moved to other sports. The buddy of mine in the service is from South Carolina and I am going to use plexiglass for the base on the Francis.

I have sent a few to troops, given some as gifts and sold a few others, but it is keeping me semi-sane doing it. i wanted to display my figures instead of having them in the boxes on the wall. I also wanted to display cards so I made them look classy and killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

the plexi-glass on the Francis will look cool. it's very nice of you to give them out to troops as well. I am sure they appreciate them and the hard work you put into them.

cano collector

Apr 8, 2010
pghbuccos said:
cano collector said:
pghbuccos said:

the plexi-glass on the Francis will look cool. it's very nice of you to give them out to troops as well. I am sure they appreciate them and the hard work you put into them.

So far they have all loved them. I have met fellow Bengals fans, Chargers fans, Fellow Yanks fans and fans of teams I despise, (Steelers) LOL but it has been cool and it gives them something other than green and tan to look at when they have time. I have got some great letters and e-mails. It's nice I achieved my goal for a nice display, but when those who serve for our freedom like it, there is nothing like it. That is why I want to make this 1st hockey one so bad ass.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
pghbuccos said:
cano collector said:
pghbuccos said:
[quote="cano collector":54zobpjr]Thanks, I have a few on watch on eBay but I figured since I am signed up here I would see if I could get a cool looking, inexpensive one here in a trade and get me feet wet.

Sorry, I didn't even realize I pit it in the wrong spot. I will post it there. Thanks again for the welcome.

no need to be sorry. nothing wrong with having it in both places.[/quote:54zobpjr]

In baseball there would be but nobody comes into the hockey boards to check. hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts