Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you were the Angels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
With your ace going down for TJ surgery, would you consider trading Trout?

There's a lot of talk about it now with Richards going down, so what's your take? And if you would trade him, what for?! What (or who) would it take for you to make the deal?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Absolutely the worst Idea I've heard in quite a while.

Unless they get 5 currently Starting MLBers with 2 of them being All-Stars, this is a Horrid idea...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Interesting thought (and we'll pretend he doesn't have a full no-trade clause), as trading a player of Trout's caliber would restock the farm system as well as the ML roster. I don't think the Angels would be able to fill the void in the lineup if they did trade Trout. I think Trout for Harvey/Conforto/and a couple top prospects (Smith and Nimmo?) would do it, but no way any team would be able to work out a deal with the amount of money involved.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think it wouldn't be bad just for just the Angels, but baseball as a whole. Guys like Trout, Harper, Correa and all the young cubs need to stay with their organizations. Its so much better when a player stays with a team for a long time. Baseball is becoming such a regional sport that teams need to keep their stars to keep the support high. The A's would be the best example of what not to do

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Unless the Angels got 2 elite arms and a few other key pieces to fill needs, I don't see it making sense to even consider trading Trout. But because pitching wins championships, what team is going to trade their top two arms and other key impact players for him? I doubt the Dodgers, for example, would trade Urias, De Leon, and Puig, for Trout. Why? Because Urias shows bonafide ace potential, and to align him, and De Leon, with Kershaw and Maeda....well, that makes a lot more sense than losing Urias and De Leon and trying to win with just two studs in the rotation.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!

I would enjoy seeing what each team's GM would be willing to give up to get Trout, however.

I think it would take two elite arms, plus other key pieces or a key piece, to make sense for the Angels, but I doubt anyone would be willing to give that much up, if they have it to begin with!

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
With your ace going down for TJ surgery, would you consider trading Trout?

no. Just consider the rest of 2016 a development year and figure out how you can shore up the pitching staff and who you are going to slot as starters in 2017 until Richards returns from TJ.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't think anyone with any kind of power within the team, or anyone with any sense at all, is talking about trading the best overall player in the league because one of their starters is having Tommy John surgery. It actually sounds like a joke.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm watching this Angels/Yankees game and thinking yeah, go ahead and trade him. The Angels looks pathetic, get some other team's top 3, 4 or 5 prospects because this team is spent

Members online

Latest posts