Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

im not going to say the word but.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
In a perfect world, at the end of the year, when the Indians are 20 games out and they face Galarraga again, they should give him an 81 pitch, 27 strikeout perfect game. Nothing MLB could do to overturn that one either, plus he'd have the strikeout record.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
mudflap02 said:
In a perfect world, at the end of the year, when the Indians are 20 games out and they face Galarraga again, they should give him an 81 pitch, 27 strikeout perfect game. Nothing MLB could do to overturn that one either, plus he'd have the strikeout record.

He does get Arizona in his schedule and right now, almost anybody could get 27 Ks against them.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
gt2590 said:
Hey, Joyce admitted he blew it and sincerely felt bad. He also personally apologized to Armando. All you can ask him to do and it makes it alot harder to get on his case for the bad call.

Still a crying shame though.

I disagree with you saying "All you can ask him to do."

All you can ask him to do is do his job correctly in the first place. He ruined history all by himself by not doing his job correctly.

Ant

Every umpire has blown calls, and this call has happened a thousand times.

Joyce wasn't perfect tonight, he is just very unlucky that it happened when it did. He's pretty well acknowledged as a great umpire.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ideally, since it was the last out of the inning and game, MLB should reverse the call and give him the perfect game

More than likely, it will just push instant replay harder.

Why isnt instant replay in effect now is beyond me.

"it ruins the purity of the sport!" or whatever ******** arguement the "purists" of the sport make is horsecrap

It's in literally every other sport but baseball. Get to the 21st century.

I cannot see one reason instant replay affects baseball negatively.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
RandomH said:
Holy cow, just saw this on MLB.com. Crazy stuff. Jim Joyce get's the ::facepalm:: of the season.

Fixed. I can't imagine a more blunder with a bigger impact than this one. Sure they won the game, but in the history of baseball, 20 guys have thrown perfect games. Twenty. In almost 12 MILLION total games, there have been 20 perfect games.

This should have been the 21st.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Just heard Jim Joyce's interview on the MLB network. Very impressed with how much of a stand up guy he is. He sounded truly upset that he "kicked the ****" out of the call.

Alex

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RandomH said:
Holy cow, just saw this on MLB.com. Crazy stuff. Jim Joyce get's the ::facepalm:: of the season.

Fixed. I can't imagine a more blunder with a bigger impact than this one. Sure they won the game, but in the history of baseball, 20 guys have thrown perfect games. Twenty. In almost 12 MILLION total games, there have been 20 perfect games.

There's no way^

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RandomH said:

There's no way^

yeah, it's about 1/24th that

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RandomH said:

There's no way^

I'm thinking maybe even less, maybe 150,000-250,000 total games? The poster's main point is still correct, but there have been nowhere near 12 million MLB games.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
serving4theking said:
Adamsince1981 said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RandomH said:

There's no way^

I'm thinking maybe even less, maybe 150,000-250,000 total games? The poster's main point is still correct, but there have been nowhere near 12 million MLB games.

Yeah you guys are right, I just did a quick search and Wiki Answers said 11million+ going into 2009, which obviously is wrong.

Doing approximate math I'm thinking more like 250,000-300,000, which should be multiplied by 2 since two pitchers start each game.

The point still stands, out of 500,000-600,000 total chances, only 20 times has a pitcher successfully thrown a perfect game.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
serving4theking said:
Adamsince1981 said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RandomH said:

There's no way^

I googled it...390,000 ish

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Superfractor said:
Came in to see what the 20-page fuss is about: what a travesty. Went into MLB.com to search for the video...wow.

If you didnt see it. Austin Jackson's catch is worth watching. Incredible play.

Yeah, as I settle in from work, I'm going to check the game up.

A real shame. My condolences to the Detroit fans.

Members online

Latest posts