Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indy Super Bowl Mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
On the verge of the Super Bowl this was a fun addition.

In the original concept plan for 2007 Topps Football the intention was to have a 6 card set that featured a piece of GU football from Super Bowl XLI. Each card was to be serial numbered /99. Topps had issues getting enough footballs from the Super Bowl and had to change the plan. Rather than having 6 cards numbered /99, Topps elected to keep the checklist at 6 cards but cut the production run to /10. Indy had 4 players (Vinatieri, Rhodes, Manning, Addai) and the Bears had 2 (Hester, Briggs).

When you consider the run of 60 cards you easily understand the degree of difficulty. I saw this in a saved search alert and was fortunate to get what I call a deal at $59.09. 2007 Topps Stat Breakers Adam Vinatieri Super Bowl XLI GU football serial numbered 1/10:

AdamVinatieriGUSuperBowlXLI.jpg

Matches well with this one:

tmp93.jpg

Thanks for looking!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
goldenegg1 said:
I never knew these existed.
Looks like I have a Manning White Whale to chase!

When I landed the Manning it was at a time before ebay had the auctions and store listings all show up together in the searches. I found it in an ebay store and worked out a deal on it. Had it hit auction I have no doubt it would've cost a lot more than it did. After getting the Manning my intention was to build the set. However, most of the listings went between $250-$350. One even cleared $900. With that said I was out early. For the record, I have never seen another Manning sell but could've missed it. Still surprised at the cost of the Vinatieri. FWIW Peyton has a SB XLI pylon card /50 as well as a SB XLI GU football autograph /25. These are the only GU cards I am aware of from SB XLI.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Slette said:
Sweet addition, Chris. Now we have to find you the Rhodes and Addai!

Thank you sir! If you ever see them let me know!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Just received this piece in the mail yesterday. Kudos to Big Mac McGwire for providing the inspiration to want this one. His collection of signed Super Bowl tickets is more than impressive.

PeytonManningsignedSuperBowlXLITicket.jpg

Members online

Latest posts