Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jack Clark accuses Pujols of Steroid use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
His head does look like barry bonds...

He's one of the best players of all time so it would be very bad for baseball if it was true, and it would be insane to just take one guys word for it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It's all plausible, but for me was..."To me, nobody gets a free pass.”

And yes, I would include Clark in the "nobody gets a free pass" on usage accusations.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
From my FaceBook.

I do not dispute that Albert Pujols has used PED's. I 100% believe that Albert is older than he claims. By no means do I believe Albert Pujols is the wholesome character he would like for the world to believe he is. Nobody is THAT good.

BUT!!!!!!

Jack Clark needs to SHUT THE HELL UP!

He's came out in the past several times against Mark McGwire. And now Pujols.

Jack seems like a bitter old man who is seeking fame through defamation.

Go to Hell Jack Clark.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I have worked with Jack Clark on some things in the past, and let's just say Jack isn't the most stand up of guys either

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
He outs Shawn Green too in this which I thought was quite funny IMO how it all came about.

I don't think there's any question Shawn Green was juicing. He had a five year stretch of being an absolute monster, fell off the map at age 30, and was out of the game at 34. His career progression just screams out "steriod user whose body breaks down prematurely". I'm not going to come right out and say that Pujols is progressing the same way, but his body and numbers sure have been trending downward over the last few seasons.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I am 99% sure that Pujols did take a "banned substance" early in his career...Not sure what it was but I remember hearing about it...
No. That did not happen.
As far as Jack Clark, he is always trying to be in the spotlight. I hate Jack Clark when he is on TV for Fox Sports Midwest, he comes across as someone who thinks they were way better than they were.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
No. That did not happen.
As far as Jack Clark, he is always trying to be in the spotlight. I hate Jack Clark when he is on TV for Fox Sports Midwest, he comes across as someone who thinks they were way better than they were.

Y! SPORTS

The guy whom jack clark claimed told him pujols was using steroids vehemently denied the allegations. ". I would bet my life on it and probably drop dead on the spot if I found out he has."

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wouldn't be surprised if every big star in the last 20 years used steroids or HGH.
I think Griffey took it during his Reds days when his body was falling apart.
Rickey Henderson's my all-time favorite player, but I think he used late in his career.
66 stolen bases at age 40? Seriously?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Wasn't Clark the guy who got in trouble for going into a crazy rage smashing toilets or some nutty thing with Boston or shortly thereafter? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I don't think so.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Wouldn't happen but I wish the mlb world of fans would just stop caring about who used it back in the day and assume nearly EVERYONE juiced.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
This comes off as a bitter ex-player. A good but not great player whose career in his mind has been overshadowed by Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, etc. Maybe Pujols did use PEDs and maybe this supposed conversation with Mihlfield did occur. But it sounds like a bunch of bluster which then goes even further when he insinuates Verlander used by exaggerating the disparity in his fastball velocity. No doubt Verlander is having a down year but Fan Graphs shows his average fastball velocity to be 93.9 this year compared to 94.7 last year.

Members online

Latest posts