Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jack Clark accuses Pujols of Steroid use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
This comes off as a bitter ex-player. A good but not great player whose career in his mind has been overshadowed by Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, etc. Maybe Pujols did use PEDs and maybe this supposed conversation with Mihlfield did occur. But it sounds like a bunch of bluster which then goes even further when he insinuates Verlander used by exaggerating the disparity in his fastball velocity. No doubt Verlander is having a down year but Fan Graphs shows his average fastball velocity to be 93.9 this year compared to 94.7 last year.

Exactly. I read a great article on fangraphs a while back about the rapid decline in velocity in pitchers these days. I had no idea pitchers start losing velocity so young, and at 30, Verlander losing velocity shouldn't come as a surprise.

Here is the article:
Pitcher Aging Curves: Starters and Relievers | FanGraphs Baseball

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Wouldn't happen but I wish the mlb world of fans would just stop caring about who used it back in the day and assume nearly EVERYONE juiced.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Agreed. At this point, regarding baseball writers voting for the Hall of Fame, the only two thought processes that make sense to me are: 1. Vote for Bonds, Clemens and others who are known users, assuming that everyone did it; or 2. Return the blank ballot, assuming that everyone did it.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sounds like he's just trying to pump up/publicize his current gig and nothing else.
Just because a former player is being an attention ***** to make money doesn't mean he's lying.

Look at Jose Canseco, the king of ******* himself (besides Pete Rose).
People crucified Canseco for his tell-all book, until later when it all turned out to be true.
Canseco may be a selfish, backstabbing *****, but he's always told the truth.

Clark may be doing the same.
Why would he risk ruining what little reputation he has by throwing baseball's biggest star under the bus, unless he's telling the truth?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Just because a former player is being an attention ***** to make money doesn't mean he's lying.

Look at Jose Canseco, the king of ******* himself (besides Pete Rose).
People crucified Canseco for his tell-all book, until later when it all turned out to be true.
Canseco may be a selfish, backstabbing *****, but he's always told the truth.

Clark may be doing the same.
Why would he risk ruining what little reputation he has by throwing baseball's biggest star under the bus, unless he's telling the truth?

Yes, I agree it could, but the nice thing for him is that its lots of free press for him.

I've nothing against him, I liked him as a player.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No. That did not happen.
As far as Jack Clark, he is always trying to be in the spotlight. I hate Jack Clark when he is on TV for Fox Sports Midwest, he comes across as someone who thinks they were way better than they were.

I heard about this on radio this morning too.I haven't seen Clark on FSN Midwest in probably 3 years.Oh well if he did, now the Angels are stuck with him for the next 9 years.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Steroid use is too complicated to be an entirely black and white issue.

It actually is very black and white. A player either uses or doesn't. You can't really say a player kind of used PEDs.

I am in the I assume almost everyone is on or was on something group. No name surprises me.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
Albert Pujols releases statement calling Jack Clark's steroid accusations "irresponsible and reckless." Pujols says he's going to "send a message" by taking legal action against Clark and radio station WGNU

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
According to two LA writers, Pujols intends to sue Jack Clark and the radio station.

I really hope that he does.

And for the record, Kevin Slaten is a retard too.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
According to two LA writers, Pujols intends to sue Jack Clark and the radio station.
I really hope that he does.
Lance Armstrong threatened to sue his accusers too. That didn't turn out too well.
But I hope Pujols is innocent, because It would be good for baseball if some big stars actually are clean and honest.

Last edited:

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
On the one hand it's just a guy making an unproven accusation. On the other hand, Selig might want to investigate this. Also, why did Jack Clark wait until now if he had knowledge of a drug dealer supplying MLB players?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Wait til Roy firestone hears that chone figgins used the same trainer.

Now THAT will be huge news!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts