Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jorge Posada would rather not play than bat 9th - RETIRING?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I hope its not true about him being insulted. If thats the case, I would be very disappointed with him. It shows no regard for the team. This would ruin him as a Yankee.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
I think Jorge is calling it quits tonight after the game. If so, its been a great ride! I'm guessing Montero finally gets the call to come up and DH ;-) this could be the beginning of something big!!!

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
As much as I want to see Jorge ride off into the sunset I really don't think he leaves 13 million on the table. He is a big baby and not helping the team right now. Does someone who is hitting .169 on the year even deserve playing time?? GET MONTERO UP HERE NOW!!!!

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
5toolplayer said:
As much as I want to see Jorge ride off into the sunset I really don't think he leaves 13 million on the table. He is a big baby and not helping the team right now. Does someone who is hitting .169 on the year even deserve playing time?? GET MONTERO UP HERE NOW!!!!

Bring him up to DH?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I could imagine the backlash if Posada wasn't a Yankee and acting this way. If he was producing then he would have a legitimate gripe but since he isn't he's pouting.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Rickzcards said:
I could imagine the backlash if Posada wasn't a Yankee and acting this way. If he was producing then he would have a legitimate gripe but since he isn't he's pouting.

Are you ok? You are currently posting in a 2 page topic about this. What other backlash would you like 2 hours after it happened? I am sure after the game it will be addressed fully.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
yes call him up to DH and to catch 2 times a week. Its a PERFECT situation now. IF IF IF Posada is such a cry baby and doesn't think he deserves to bat 9th, either start producing or walk away. I really doubt he walks away from 13 million though. I'm listening to SWB game and PRAYING Montero gets pulled!!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
5toolplayer said:
yes call him up to DH and to catch 2 times a week. Its a PERFECT situation now. IF IF IF Posada is such a cry baby and doesn't think he deserves to bat 9th, either start producing or walk away. I really doubt he walks away from 13 million though. I'm listening to SWB game and PRAYING Montero gets pulled!!
Just curious....how many Montero cards do you own?

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
scotty21690 said:
5toolplayer said:

He OWNS Jesus Montero...
Like literally everything he's ever touched... EVER.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
5toolplayer said:

More like Ramiro Pena or another infielder comes up and they use the DH spot to give half nights off to the older players.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Yankees1218 said:
scotty21690 said:
5toolplayer said:

He OWNS Jesus Montero...
Like literally everything he's ever touched... EVER.
slavery-demotivational-poster-1211005746.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
MantMaris said:
5toolplayer said:

Bring him up to DH?

Montero as Back-Up with Martin. Martin catches the majority, but Montero isn't a "full-time" backup.

Catcher's will be Martin/Montero
DH will be Martin/Montero/(other)

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
gilbert said:
If he feels insulted by batting ninth, he should look at his stats and then see that it makes some sense.

You don't think after he helped those Yanks to 4 WS titles, that he isn't entitled to one bad season or little dignity. Jeez.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, he was one of those guys I always hated seeing come to the plate against the Red Sox. He was a good player. I just hate to see someone put self before team.

With that said, the guy has had a very solid career. He might just be having a hard time dealing with his performance and realizing that the end may be near.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
George K said:
gilbert said:
If he feels insulted by batting ninth, he should look at his stats and then see that it makes some sense.

You don't think after he helped those Yanks to 4 WS titles, that he isn't entitled to one bad season or little dignity. Jeez.

If his name wasn't Jorge Posada he wouldn't even be on the big league roster....of any team.

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
George K said:
gilbert said:

5 titles and no he doesn't get a free pass because of what he's done in the past. We have enough aging players. If he really cant deal with the DH thing and the hitting 9th thing, move on. I'm a big Posada fan but look at the backlash Manny got a few years ago when he pulled himself out of the lineup vs the Yanks.

Members online

Latest posts