Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Bautista "Joey Bats" named MLB player of the month for June!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
My boy keeps ripping "poop" up on the diamond!!!!

4uv4og.jpg

Congrats to Jose Bautista, who was named the MLB Player of the Month for June. Bautista batted .271 (26-for-96) with 14 home runs and 30 RBI in June.

How about this stat?

Home Runs, June 1-29:

Jose Bautista - 14
Tampa Bay Rays - 13

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I thought "Joey Bats" was Votto's moniker?

Nope its Bautista's. He even signs autographs and adds "Joey Bats" as an inscription. His teammates call him Joey Bats too.

His twitter handle too!! Jose Bautista (@JoeyBats19) on Twitter

Another interesting stat, is that more than HALF of his hits this month were Home Runs!!!! DANG!!!!

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Pretty sad that an Anthony Rizzo chrome auto sells more than a Bautista. Will the guy ever get any hobby love?

The low batting average and his age probably preclude him for real hobby stardom though I do have a gold ref auto waiting for the day people realize his prodigious power numbers warrant more attention.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Ya, he should have way, way more Hobby love. His batting average is low yes, but he hits a ton of Home-Runs. Every single time he steps to the plate he brings excitement because you know he is huge threat of hitting a homer.

Everyone Knows Chicks dig the long ball, but why not card collectors??? Hahaha

There is BGS 9.5 2006 Red of his up for sale right now too, auction style@!@!!

Frow

Nope its Bautista's. He even signs autographs and adds "Joey Bats" as an inscription. His teammates call him Joey Bats too.

His twitter handle too!! Jose Bautista (@JoeyBats19) on Twitter

Another interesting stat, is that more than HALF of his hits this month were Home Runs!!!! DANG!!!!

Too bad about the pitching staff on the team though. Out of those 14 HR's, 8 of them were in losses

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Ya, he should have way, way more Hobby love. His batting average is low yes, but he hits a ton of Home-Runs. Every single time he steps to the plate he brings excitement because you know he is huge threat of hitting a homer.

Everyone Knows Chicks dig the long ball, but why not card collectors??? Hahaha

There is BGS 9.5 2006 Red of his up for sale right now too, auction style@!@!!

I've long argued that batting average is as important to hobby stardom as any other stat (players with high average and no power can sell well, Gwynn, Boggs and Ichiro are examples) but you never find a low batting average guy getting much attention in the hobby even with a ton of power.

On the Red 9.5, the bidders have me somewhat skeptical. 2 1 feedback bidders duking it out.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It just goes to show how useless BA is. He has a quite average BA but is up to a .900 OPS. His incredible OBP last season might have been a fluke though. Still he has a respectable BB/K ratio. Overall, I am a fan and I'm glad to see his story unfold.

I probably should have sold this last year; there might have been a small window when it could have gone for $300. I think it still has potential though.
bautista.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
While it is weird that a thread was made about this - I will say this: There is not one person I enjoy more watching hit a bomb MORE than Jose Bautista. I would absolutely love a Bautista vs. Stanton HR derby final.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
How is this weird?

Just usually don't see threads for player of the week/month awards. I didn't say it should not have been started, just weird. Can't remember the last time someone started a thread for a player winning player of the month.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Too bad about the pitching staff on the team though. Out of those 14 HR's, 8 of them were in losses

Yeah i totally agree Frow. Ricky Romero is having a great year, but as a whole, the Jays pitching is weak. It would be great if the Jays could somehow land another good starting pitcher and make a serious run at a wild card spot.

Members online

Latest posts