Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hamiltons Prediction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCardStoreOnline

Jul 19, 2010
Does anyone remember when Josh Hamilton predicted 96 wins? I know alot of people on espn didnt even think they were going to make the playoffs with all the initial hype around the Mariners. Looks like Hamilton was a little off but he was right about them having a good team.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Texas won three more games than last season, they weren't that much better of a team than last year. The Angels were just much worse this season compared to last.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
jondawg04 said:
Texas won three more games than last season, they weren't that much better of a team than last year. The Angels were just much worse this season compared to last.
This sums up the AL West. I expect this season is nothing other than an anomaly for the standard recent AL West dominance of the Angels. Too much money and too much talent down in Anaheim for them not to be in contention.

BBCardStoreOnline

Jul 19, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jondawg04 said:
This sums up the AL West. I expect this season is nothing other than an anomaly for the standard recent AL West dominance of the Angels. Too much money and too much talent down in Anaheim for them not to be in contention.

Maybe this is true but you still got to give to them making some good moves with Lee and bringing Big Vlad on board. Its also nice to see to Nolan Ryan at the helm.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jondawg04 said:

I sure hope so. Some teams just beat up on the Angels this year that really shouldn't have, including Baltimore (Angels went 0-6 against them in 2010), the White Sox (2-7), and the injury plagued Red Sox (1-9). Sounds like Moreno is pretty upset with this season though, and an angry Arte is a good thing for those Angels fans hoping for some acquisitions.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
BBCardStoreOnline said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jondawg04 said:

Maybe this is true but you still got to give to them making some good moves with Lee and bringing Big Vlad on board. Its also nice to see to Nolan Ryan at the helm.

I'd argue that the Lee deal was a bad move, actually. They would have still made the postseason without him, and by moving Smoak they left a nice hole at 1B (Davis and Cantu won't cut it) for the future.

BBCardStoreOnline

Jul 19, 2010
jondawg04 said:
BBCardStoreOnline said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jondawg04 said:

I'd argue that the Lee deal was a bad move, actually. They would have still made the postseason without him, and by moving Smoak they left a nice hole at 1B (Davis and Cantu won't cut it) for the future.

Well Lee is a true ace in the starting rotation and he should pay his dividends in the playoffs.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
BBCardStoreOnline said:
jondawg04 said:
BBCardStoreOnline said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
jondawg04 said:

Well Lee is a true ace in the starting rotation and he should pay his dividends in the playoffs.

If he leads em to the WS, then it should be considered a good move. If they flame out in the ALDS, bad move. I don't think they will make it past the Rays, which is why I am basing my opinion on it currently as a bad move. If Lee was under contract for longer than this season, I'd have a different opinion on it.

Members online

Latest posts