Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A few new ones today:

062521.jpg
Obviously I had to buy this ridiculous Project 70 Eckersley card. Picked up the Manaea Topps Now card at the same time. The 1996 Collector's Choice Gold Team Checklist McGwire puts me 3 away from the team set, missing a Rickey and two other McGwires.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
A few new ones today:

View attachment 136010
Obviously I had to buy this ridiculous Project 70 Eckersley card. Picked up the Manaea Topps Now card at the same time. The 1996 Collector's Choice Gold Team Checklist McGwire puts me 3 away from the team set, missing a Rickey and two other McGwires.
Not usually a fan of the Project 70 cards but that Eck is Awesome! Eck! Eck! Ha!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Kind of liking these even though they're not usually that interesting to me.

2021 70th Anniversary Relic #225.jpg Musial 70th Anniversary.jpg

This is a quintuplicate? I don't think that's a word but I have 5 of the 10 of these 2020 Prizm Game Ball Graph Gold Ryan Helsleys now. This exact card was part of a bidding scheme...shill...something...not sure what since he's not exactly a hot prospect but this card "sold" for $175 a couple months ago and I'm assuming was never paid for because it has been relisted twice since then by the same original seller. I bought it for $1.25 + shipping.

2020 Prizm Game Ball Graphs Gold 2-10.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Fun little set came in today. Unfortunately the Yaz picked up a bum corner along the way. This card may also feature the most awkward batting image of Mickey Mantle ever.

1993 Select Triple Crown Winners:
Mickey Mantle.jpg Frank Robinson.jpg Carl Yasztremski.jpg

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yesterday's mail:

062721-1.jpg
I haven't seen the Piazza too often, it's 1:288 packs of 2007 Goudey with 42 cards in the set so not the most common. The Home Run Baker was the last I needed of his three Lumberjack cards 2013 Panini Cooperstown, those can be a bit of a pain to track down.

I also went to a card show yesterday for the first time in a few years. Decent sized mall show with a solid turnout. Luckily there was a good amount of baseball and it wasn't all just Pokemon/basketball/football. I found a little more than I was expecting to, spent probably $120.

062721-2.jpg
These were all in a $1 gu/auto box. I probably already have half of them but it was worth the risk for a buck if I wasn't sure. The dealer's boxes were popular and I wasn't able to dig through this one until pretty late in the day so I probably missed out on some stuff, but oh well. Also got a few A's auto upgrades/sidegrades and one or two I was missing that I'll put in my Oakland A's autograph thread. If I was still trading I would have had a lot of fun picking up low-end trade bait in these boxes.

062721-3.jpg
Some other bargain bin finds. The Manaea/99 and Semien/45 were a buck each. The rest were 3 for a dollar. The 2020 Father's Day/50 Montas was a good find at that price.

062721-4.jpg
These were a buck or two each except for the Chapman Spring Training Patch/70, which was $7. Greenberg/Foxx is /500 and one that I needed, the Henderson Star promo is blank backed which I'm not sure is better or worse, the Hudson DK is /25. Also got a 2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Hudson for $4 but it turns out I already had one so I guess I'll trade/sell that down the line. I have a Ted Lilly collection and thought I might need that 2009 UD Gold/99, luckily it turns out I did.

062721-5.jpg
All my "big ticket" $10+ pickups. Unfortunately it turns out I already had the Laureano. In the mall light I thought the dirty jersey swatch was a bat, guess I need new glasses. Picked up the Sean Murphy Refractor and Blue Refractor autos for $40 for the pair, turned out to be a pretty nice deal because it looks like the Blue alone is around that value. I needed both so that really made the show for me.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Had to grab the mail quick today before all the cards melted.

062821.jpg
The 2005 UD Trilogy triple bat card is my first Jeter GU card, I believe. Real happy to find the 2006 Finest Gold Refractor Zito 40/49 in a poorly titled eBay auction...I'm down to 1 left for that team set. I may already have the Topps Chrome Blue Refractor, it was included with the other Zito in a lot. Hard to see but the Crown Royale Dilfer is 08/75, jersey number. And the Topps Now card was an eBay pickup to replace one where Topps mistakenly sent two of the same card instead of two different cards.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I guess it's a day for Griffeys and Hall of Fame Autos. Oh and Mantle and some guy named Nolan.

Ken Griffey Jr.jpg 1995 Ultra Hitting Machine Golden Medallion Ken Griffey Jr.jpg
The Z Team finishes a second set that I'm giving to a friend for his birthday. The Gold Medallion was $1.25 and I couldn't pass it up.

Ozzie Smith Photo Variation Replacment Copy.jpg Ozzie Smith Photo Variation Replacment Copy Back.jpg

This Ozzie is a card I didn't expect to see because it shouldn't exist. The numbered Photo Variation Ozzie cards that are out there were backdoored after the Donruss bankruptcy. I can only assume they were intended for insertion in another product that the bankruptcy cancelled. This is an unnumbered replacement for a card that was never inserted in a pack in the first place. As a collector of this set I'm happy to have it even if I don't have the replacement copies on my checklist for the set. Since there are generally ten or less replacement copies printed, as an Ozzie collector I'm ecstatic about having something very few other Ozzie guys can claim to have in their collections.

Al Kaline.jpg

Ho hum. Another Hall of Fame auto for the set build.

1994 Upper Deck The American Epic BC1 Mickey Mantle.jpg

This one finishes up my 1994 Upper Deck The American Epic master run. I had to buy a full set to get it so I'm now sitting on two full boxed sets, one Ruth and one Mantle. I guess I need to add a Jordan Boxed set too so I have all three packaging types.

1991 7th No Hitter #4.jpg 1991 Milestones Silver #5.jpg 1991 Milestones Silver #6.jpg

These three start a new chase. I've been carting the base sets around since they were issued so I figured I'd start working on the parallels to go with them.

Members online