Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Metal Announcements - More Hits & "Hot" Redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
What you're describing does sound an awful lot like a pump and dump. Though to be fair, a whole lot of prospecting threads and case busting sounds like one, too.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If Jeff is looking to sell his cards at 10 dollars and is willing to pay 5 dollars to own the card, it doesn't make much of a difference to me that his motivation is to maintain the value of that card in the marketplace. It's a legitimate value, after all, if Jeff is willing to pay $5 for a card that most other buyers will only spend $3 on. Shilling is different because in those instances you do not have a real transaction that occurs. Real shilling is a deceptive and unfair practice because the supposed transaction or bidding war at auction between two buyers did not really occur.

If the argument is that Jeff is making it tough on other collectors and that this is a "scumbag move," then please be sure to call the hobbyists who attempt to corner the market on a particular card in order to control the price of that card the biggest scumbags of all.

Last edited:

bighitsportscards

Dec 16, 2008
From Leaf:

Greetings all…..

I am pleased to announce that 2012 Leaf Metal Baseball (featuring on-card autographs) will release October 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. This is the absolute earliest a draft pick on-card checklist has ever been brought to market. We hope you enjoy the fruits of what was not an easy task.

Two pieces of product information:

First, ON AVERAGE (meaning in virtually all cases), collectors will find a case:
(a) HOT BOX (featuring 8 colored prismatics numbered to 25 or less!)
(b) Albert Pujols Signed card (either Metal, Jumbo Patch or inscription
(c) OR BOTH!!!!!!

Second, there are a handful of redemptions in this product. As you all know, I HATE redemptions…. THEREFORE, I INTRODUCE TO YOU….

HOT REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

EACH redemption will be good for UP TO 5 SIGNED CARDS OF THE PARTICULAR PLAYER!!!!!!!... PLUS, Parallels are included in this program!!!!!!!!
These redemptions will be revealed using our industry first interactive redemption website, Redeemleaf.com

When you redeem, you open a virtual online pack to reveal your spoils…

I am very excited about this release and hope your customers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it… Brian

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
From Leaf:

Greetings all…..

I am pleased to announce that 2012 Leaf Metal Baseball (featuring on-card autographs) will release October 5th. This is the absolute earliest a draft pick on-card checklist has ever been brought to market. We hope you enjoy the fruits of what was not an easy task.

First, ON AVERAGE (meaning in virtually all cases), collectors will find a case:
(c) OR BOTH!!!!!!

Second, there are a handful of redemptions in this product. As you all know, I HATE redemptions…. THEREFORE, I INTRODUCE TO YOU….

HOT REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

EACH redemption will be good for UP TO 5 SIGNED CARDS OF THE PARTICULAR PLAYER!!!!!!!... PLUS, Parallels are included in this program!!!!!!!!
These redemptions will be revealed using our industry first interactive redemption website, Redeemleaf.com

I am very excited about this release and hope your customers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it… Brian

Boy, he sure isn't making it easy for me not to bust any more wax....

WaxPax

If they are parallels you could be 5 deep on a rainbow from a single redemption...very cool

From Leaf:

Greetings all…..

I am pleased to announce that 2012 Leaf Metal Baseball (featuring on-card autographs) will release October 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. This is the absolute earliest a draft pick on-card checklist has ever been brought to market. We hope you enjoy the fruits of what was not an easy task.

(c) OR BOTH!!!!!!

HOT REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BG - which player(s) will be redemptions?

I for one am looking forward to seeing how well these redemptions sell on eBay. How exactly do you determine what the BIN will be, folks?

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i like this idea

HOT REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

i like this idea

HOT REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

I love the idea. I asked for some kind of interactive cards like Topps in the Leaf thread. Now when you hit a redemption youll be excited!!! Great idea!!! ;)

Members online

Latest posts