Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for a little insight from eBay buyer/sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1monroefan

Feb 18, 2012
I recently bought a item off eBay. The only reason I looked at the item because the title had said bowman chrome rc auto but didn't have a picture. I put a offer in and the next morning I seen that I won. I go open the auction and it says its for a signs of the future and not bowman chrome auto rc. I was 99.9% sure it said bowman chrome when I put the offer in and I'd have no interest in the item if it hadn't. I emailed the seller and tried to explain the situation asking if we can mutually cancel the transaction as it wasn't the item I was looking for. He emails back and just says "I'm done with you"

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Don't have enough information to give an opinion. Are you suggesting the seller edited the auction title?

Is that even possible after a bid? If so, whould it not keep a record of the change made?

But yes, I agree there is not enough info to even speculate what happened here.

#1monroefan

Feb 18, 2012
I also made a offer for what the bowman chrome auto would sell for and not the junk signs of the future auto. I wasn't rude in anyway when asking him if it was possible to mutually cancel the transaction. I didn't wait days and days like other buyers do then email, I emailed him asap to get it figured out. I don't need the junk signs of auto for a set

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I dont think and edit can be made once bids are on any item, but I am not sure if that includes titles. I have had a similar issue a couple years back, seller cancelled without question when I asked about the change.

#1monroefan

Feb 18, 2012
Just have also never ran into such a rude seller that has 100% on top of that. His only response is I'm done with you. WTF

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
You admitted making the mistake and the jerk probably should have cancelled it. The problem, i think, is that eBay buyers are becoming ********. They constantly don't pay and want partial or full refunds and are complaining, and because of that, many eBay sellers are overly defensive and react like a jerk towards buyers, like yourself, who make honest mistakes

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
You cannot edit a title or description when there is an offer or a bid on the item. You might have just read it wrong and assumed it was for the Chrome version. Did you read the description before placing the offer?

Members online

Latest posts