Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luke Scott to Tampa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
The state of Florida, somehow, just got dumber (and more racist).

One year, plus an option.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Friedman is getting serious about winning it all this time. Watch out.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
braden said:

Racist because.....he doesn't agree with Obama? Or he was on the "show your birth certificate" bandwagon? I don't follow the guy much, so maybe there is more to this.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He's not racist ::facepalm:: Felix Pie was one of his best friends on the Orioles

Does he say stupid things? Sure.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
braden said:

Racist because.....he doesn't agree with Obama? Or he was on the "show your birth certificate" bandwagon? I don't follow the guy much, so maybe there is more to this.

He threw bananas (or banana chips, can't remember) at black teammates when they acted like "animals".

I don't care if they're friends, THASS RAYCESS. You don't have to hate a race to be racist. Scott clearly sees his Latino and black teammates as inferior. He leaves no doubt to that.

EDIT: From the insane ESPN article:
"So I throw bananas in his helmet. Here are my banana chips to remind him that whenever he acts like an animal, 'Hey, that's what other people are thinking. They're just not telling you, but that's what they're thinking about. And I'm telling you so that you're aware of that so you can make a cognitive decision to not behave like that.'"

ebechols

Jan 20, 2011
Montgomery, AL
I refuse to put the Racist label on someone for a one off comment. Granted his comment was very insensitive and was definitely not politically correct, but to label him a racist because of one comment is unnecessary. People throw the racist moniker out way to easily, without thinking of what the title implies.

The definition of Racist is:
noun
1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.

I would say that what he said was stupid and inconsiderate, but not racist per se. Were he to say that all non-anglo players acted like animals, that would be a different matter. He was clearly addressing one player's behavior and not generalizing an entire race.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Luke is a baller!
I liked him alot. :cry:

Any Tampa fans want to add some Scott's to your collection, drop me a line.

Henson, now Scott. My O's PC is gonna disintegrate.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
Luke is a baller!

Russ...you and I may be the only people with Henson anything. Fortunately for me, I'll be moving back to LA at some point this season.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Russ S. said:
Luke is a baller!

Russ...you and I may be the only people with Henson anything. Fortunately for me, I'll be moving back to LA at some point this season.
Damn.
I'm not as fortunate. :twisted:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
braden said:
hail2thevictors said:
braden said:

He threw bananas (or banana chips, can't remember) at black teammates when they acted like "animals".

I don't care if they're friends, THASS RAYCESS. You don't have to hate a race to be racist. Scott clearly sees his Latino and black teammates as inferior. He leaves no doubt to that.

EDIT: From the insane ESPN article:
"So I throw bananas in his helmet. Here are my banana chips to remind him that whenever he acts like an animal, 'Hey, that's what other people are thinking. They're just not telling you, but that's what they're thinking about. And I'm telling you so that you're aware of that so you can make a cognitive decision to not behave like that.'"
Gotcha. So one example leads to being racist-that is quite the standard you have there.

What he did was wrong, but what he did alone does not make him racist.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
What he did is pretty funny. I'm sure he was joking around. But I guess it'd be different if a black or Hispanic did the same thing. But because he's white them that makes him a racist. That's pretty funny. I guess cause I think it's funny them that makes me a racist in your eyes. Which for the record I'm not.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Makes it easier when players I hate join teams I hate, just like when A-Roid and Clemens signed with the Yankees. Scott is probably one of the dumbest players in the game, and that says a lot considering some of the other geniuses that are out there.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
hail2thevictors said:
DeliciousBacon said:
Makes it easier when players I hate join teams the Red Sox can't beat
Fixed that for you. :lol: :lol:

Hey, I've been a Rays hater for a long time, back when they were the piss-ant Devil Rays, a pathetic excuse for a baseball team that was lucky to win 50 games a year. Just so happens I hate them even more since 2007!

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
trolea1234 said:
What he did is pretty funny. I'm sure he was joking around. But I guess it'd be different if a black or Hispanic did the same thing. But because he's white them that makes him a racist. That's pretty funny. I guess cause I think it's funny them that makes me a racist in your eyes. Which for the record I'm not.

C'mon what's the Hispanic going to do? Put a Mayonnaise sandwich in Scott's helmet? Throw a 401k receipt at him?

Members online

Latest posts