Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2004 Bowman Chrome XFractor /250 Auto Phil Hughes BGS 9.5 -- I guess no one wants these anymore. (eBay link). About $20 shipped.

hughes.jpg

2004 Bowman Sterling Refractor /199 BGS 9.5 -- $7.00 on COMC from @moxacaine I believe.

Phil-Hughes.jpg

2013 Topps Update SSP Mariano Rivera Bullpen Variation -- Last of the bigger cards I needed, completes most SP/SSPs through 2015 for Yankees Topps run. Need a ton from 2017-2022. Will have to start seriously going after these. Luckily the 2023 onward variations are parallels and not considered part of the extended base set. Will hopefully make it easier. However, there is a sneaky 2023 Soto SSP in Yankees uniform. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these.

s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
2004 Bowman Chrome XFractor /250 Auto Phil Hughes BGS 9.5 -- I guess no one wants these anymore. (eBay link). About $20 shipped.

View attachment 356253

2004 Bowman Sterling Refractor /199 BGS 9.5 -- $7.00 on COMC from @moxacaine I believe.

View attachment 356254

2013 Topps Update SSP Mariano Rivera Bullpen Variation -- Last of the bigger cards I needed, completes most SP/SSPs through 2015 for Yankees Topps run. Need a ton from 2017-2022. Will have to start seriously going after these. Luckily the 2023 onward variations are parallels and not considered part of the extended base set. Will hopefully make it easier. However, there is a sneaky 2023 Soto SSP in Yankees uniform. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these.

View attachment 356255
Considering the career Hughes ended up with, I'd say $20 is steep for most buyers for a card #/250. However, collectors never forget what once was and cards that were once hot, never completely cool to the level most should.

I am the same way with Dodger stuff. I am excited about landing something cool that would have cost a fortune when it was new. Pays to be patient, that is for sure.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2014 Topps Heritage Throwback Variation SSP Derek Jeter --- Continuing in my line of BGS 9.5 pickups. Another big Heritage set need I'm glad to cross off. From the first year of Throwback Uniform SSP, and thankfully there are only two Yankees in 10 years, other being Judge.

The odds have increased on these drastically over the decade, I believe they remain as the toughest SP within Heritage. Still not cheap, but prices have come down to a fraction from where they were upon initial release.

Down to one error SSP remaining from 2013. Otherwise, I'm done with the 2001-2016 Yankees Heritage run. (I'm not chasing the Red Sox Jeter gimmick as it's technically a Red Sox card.)

Just like flagship Topps, I need to start on 2017-present. Waiting on prices to cool as hype cools around guys like Judge and Torres.

Screenshot_20240504-141058.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some Gateway and Z Silk coversGATEWAY 1.jpgGATEWAY 2.jpgGATEWAY 3.jpg

This could have gone into the Dodger thread, but I have this Garvey photo a few times over (and several of the others), but this was a BIN steal that I happened upon at the right time. $29.99 plus s/h for all of these signed photos! Toughies/highlights include the untimely departed Eric Show and Alan Wiggins, HOF Billy Herman as a Padre (had not seen one before), Garvey, Templeton, Kennedy and a few others.

The only unsigned photo was Elias SosaPadres Auto Photo lot.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My fault (again) for not paying close enough attention, BUT...WTH! You can't find enough mint 1990 Donruss Dave Parker cards to buyback and have him sign 46 that you have to use a beater? I assume this was worn when signed and not that someone mistreated the signed card, but you never know.

I like it because he doesn't have a lot of A's certified auto cards (maybe the only one?), like the Brewers one I bought before.

/46

Parker 46.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
My fault (again) for not paying close enough attention, BUT...WTH! You can't find enough mint 1990 Donruss Dave Parker cards to buyback and have him sign 46 that you have to use a beater? I assume this was worn when signed and not that someone mistreated the signed card, but you never know.

I like it because he doesn't have a lot of A's certified auto cards (maybe the only one?), like the Brewers one I bought before.

/46

View attachment 356451
There's only 2.5 million copies of that card out there. 46 would be rough to find.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
That is badass. I really liked that 1990 Donruss Parker card when I was a kid. When I was learning how to draw in pencil, I actually did a poster-sized portrait of this picture. And until now I did not know this recollection card existed. I need to have one.

/46

View attachment 356451

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
2024 Bowman: 1 Hobby box & 1 Blaster
These are not numbered. I thought they were the Lunar Glow Refrator but those are Hobby only. I got 1 in the blaster & 1 in the Hobby box.
Estuar Suero Green ? Refractor
Suero Estuar Green Ref.jpg
Cooper Pratt Green ? Refractor
Pratt Cooper Green Ref.jpg
Enrique Jimenez Mini-Diamond Refractor
Jimenez Enrique Mini Diamond Ref.jpg
Jose Rodriguez (Twins) Refractor 361/499
Rodriguez Jose Ref.jpg
Ryan Burrowes Blue Shimmer Refractor 089/150
Burrowes Ryan Blue Shimmer Ref.jpg
Gino Groover Purple Auto Refractor 006/250
Groover Gina Purple Ref Auto.jpg