Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Megatron just got PAID!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Can someone tell me why so little money is guaranteed? I'm so used to hearing about baseball contracts and when they say 10 years $275 million, that they are getting every penny.

It seems every football contract if it's 5 years $50 million, they are really getting like $12 million, lol.

Like that McNabb contract with the Redskins, what the hell was that all about?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
markakis8 said:
Can someone tell me why so little money is guaranteed? I'm so used to hearing about baseball contracts and when they say 10 years $275 million, that they are getting every penny.

It seems every football contract if it's 5 years $50 million, they are really getting like $12 million, lol.

because of so many injuries in football. If he plays the full 7 years he gets all the cash. If he gets career ending injury (or ends up getting cut for poor play) after only 2 seasons, he gets what was guaranteed to him.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
G $MONEY$ said:
markakis8 said:

because of so many injuries in football. If he plays the full 7 years he gets all the cash. If he gets career ending injury (or ends up getting cut for poor play) after only 2 seasons, he gets what was guaranteed to him.

also with 82 home games the revenue stream is more stable.