Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mid season LVP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
Who is your pick for the mid season Least Valuable Player? Someone who's overpaid/under-performing/disappointing. Feel free to throw in your vote for worst manager, worst pitcher, or anyone else you want to call out.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Juan Uribe

The auto-correct on my phone believes his name is Juan Urine.

The auto-correct knows. It always knows.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Smoak has been pretty awful. And Ackley. Figgins, as mentioned. Jesus has some work to do before he's our savior. Practically everyone on the M's roster but Larry Bernandez.

Of those who qualify, Fangraphs lists Brennan Boesch as the worst player in terms of WAR in 2012.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Um, i realize he had a few good weeks and might be turning it around, but how did this thread get this many posts w/o someone mentioning my boy Rickie Weeks? He's the ONLY qualified batter left hitting under .200! I bet, with the way he's swinging the bat, that won't last, but from year-to-year, he's in a dead heat with Lincecum for fall-off.

Although, he's still Top 5 in the league for BBs. He has got to be close to some no-prize for the highest OBP whilest hitting under .200.

EDIT: and prospectorgems bails me out between hitting reply and post.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Crawford can't be eligible. By that logic anyone who has spent the season on the DL would qualify equally, or at least based exactly on their salary, which removes the whole opinion part of this thread.

Lincecum seems like a solid choice. I think of this as performance relative to expectation. I feel like someone on the Tigers or Red Sox or Phillies would make sense as well but no names really come to mind.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Um, i realize he had a few good weeks and might be turning it around, but how did this thread get this many posts w/o someone mentioning my boy Rickie Weeks? He's the ONLY qualified batter left hitting under .200! I bet, with the way he's swinging the bat, that won't last, but from year-to-year, he's in a dead heat with Lincecum for fall-off.

Although, he's still Top 5 in the league for BBs. He has got to be close to some no-prize for the highest OBP whilest hitting under .200.

EDIT: and prospectorgems bails me out between hitting reply and post.

Just gotta keep it short and simple. :p

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
042711Yankees16PJB003025.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I was just waiting for vw's post!

:lol:

How about Victorino for Offense and Pence for defense?

And I guess no one is comparing my boy Smoak to George Brett anymore. :(

Members online

Latest posts