Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****MONDAY MORNING THREAD*****11/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning! Don't have the granddaughter today, so yard work, card organizing and grilling some chicken on the schedule (in 70's today!!!)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all! Some buddies and I did a stupid thing this weekend. We each chipped in to buy a bottle of Sam Adams Utopia beer. We all agreed, happy to do it, but won't ever consider it again unless we win the lottery, haha.

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Morning all! Some buddies and I did a stupid thing this weekend. We each chipped in to buy a bottle of Sam Adams Utopia beer. We all agreed, happy to do it, but won't ever consider it again unless we win the lottery, haha.

Curious what it goes for now, I worked in a beer/wine store many many years ago and bought a bottle back then…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Curious what it goes for now, I worked in a beer/wine store many many years ago and bought a bottle back then…

MSRP is $240, but everything I've found, nobody charges that. They go for a little more. We paid $265 between 5 of us. Honestly, not a bad beer, I could see it being better as it ages. Comes off a little "hot" from the high ABV, but can see that mellowing out down the road. Won't have to worry about that though, as we split it 5 ways so we each had just around 5 ounces, so the perfect amount of something like that

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
MSRP is $240, but everything I've found, nobody charges that. They go for a little more. We paid $265 between 5 of us. Honestly, not a bad beer, I could see it being better as it ages. Comes off a little "hot" from the high ABV, but can see that mellowing out down the road. Won't have to worry about that though, as we split it 5 ways so we each had just around 5 ounces, so the perfect amount of something like that

lol,‘I think I still have some left in my bottle, more like liquor than beer…one day I’ll figure out what year it was from…the place I worked was selling them for $200, I got mine at cost, or $100…yeah, a 100% mark up, lol

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
lol,‘I think I still have some left in my bottle, more like liquor than beer…one day I’ll figure out what year it was from…the place I worked was selling them for $200, I got mine at cost, or $100…yeah, a 100% mark up, lol

I'll be curious to see how long they last at the liquor store. They got 6 bottles in. Nobody else in the area wanted them from the distributor, so they grabbed all of them. The 3 guys working when I bought hit, were all shocked when I asked for one. And I agree, definitely more like liquor. Serve at room temp, only need 3-5 ounces at a time, and it's flat. Go crack that bottle of yours open! Should be good still

Members online

Latest posts