Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

:;:;:;:;:;:Monday Opening DAY Morning Thread:;:;:;:;:;:;:;

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Good morning.

Happy Opening Day!

Local new sports talk was mentioning how the first game of the season traditionally used to involve the Reds. Any reason why? Because of their history as one of the oldest franchises?

For generations, Opening Day has arrived amid pageantry. In Cincinnati, Ohio, home of the sport's first professional team, an annual parade marks an official "city holiday" with young and old alike taking the day off to cheer on the Reds. For decades, the first pitch of every major league season officially took place in Cincinnati, and the Reds remain the only major league team to always open the season with a home game (save for 1966, when they started the season at Chicago after rain washed out the opening series in Cincinnati, and 1990, when due to a lockout affecting the schedule they opened the season at Houston).[SUP][2][/SUP] The Chicago Cubs have been the Reds' most common Opening Day opponent, visiting Cincinnati 36 times on Opening Day, most recently in 2007. The Pittsburgh Pirates, whom the current Reds organization played their first Opening Day against in 1882, is a close second with 30 and will be the Reds' Opening Day opponent in 2015; no other team has more than 19 (by the St. Louis Cardinals, most recently in 2014), largely due to the Cubs and Pirates rotating as the Opening Day opponents from 1899 to 1916, then the two teams and the Cardinals rotated from 1917 to 1952.[SUP][3][/SUP] Fittingly, the Reds were also the first team to host an Interleague game on Opening Day when the team hosted the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the first year of year-round Interleague play in 2013.[SUP][4][/SUP]

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning Kiddies the I found last night Cubs game to be extremely boring. Even the cards looks like they where still at spring training. But not as much as the Cubs looked like they were still in Arizona.........Oh well there is 161 more chances for them to finish under .500.....

And there is one more Basketball game to be had tonight in College. And Dustin (Hawk8) is going against bootstrap9 for all the marbles in my contest

Bootstrap9 started with Oregon and ended up with Wisconsin.
Hawk8 started with SF Austin and ended up with Duke

Should be a good game Wisconsin is a 1 point favorite.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Morning all , enjoy the day. I hope the DBax don't put us through such a miserable season again...

Ryan

A_Pharis

Morning Kiddies the I found last night Cubs game to be extremely boring. Even the cards looks like they where still at spring training. But not as much as the Cubs looked like they were still in Arizona.........Oh well there is 161 more chances for them to finish under .500.....

And there is one more Basketball game to be had tonight in College. And Dustin (Hawk8) is going against bootstrap9 for all the marbles in my contest

Bootstrap9 started with Oregon and ended up with Wisconsin.
Hawk8 started with SF Austin and ended up with Duke

Should be a good game Wisconsin is a 1 point favorite.

Good luck, Dustin! [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Damn all I wanna do is get home and watch the rest of the game with this little guy
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1428354904.712208.jpg
But there's traffic everywhere! There's never this much traffic!!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'm not really into vintage but you have to love those 33 uncut sheets. The item I am digging the most so far is the unopened wax box of 91 Topps Desert Shield

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts