Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Monstrous Mailday: Game Used Memorabilia Style!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Well, today I just received a special delivery via FedEx. It was the game used stick I won in the NHL Alumni auctions. I am proud to present a 2009-10 Game Used Autographed Stick of Matt Duchene! :D

My photos are not great because I couldn't put the stick in a place to photograph well, so bear with me:

DSCN0026.png

DSCN0022.png

DSCN0020.png

and here it is displayed above some of my card collection:

DSCN0041.png

I still cannot believe I won this stick! There was no bids in the final minutes of the auction and so I am thrilled to add this piece of memorabilia of a possible ROY and to add that it is autographed is just plain awesome. There is unfortunately one sad side note, the COA had his last name misspelled, so I am working to get a new one. Question: do they always remove the end of the stick handle? It is hollow up top so I was just curious. This is an historic day for my PC as I do not dabble to much in memorabilia and to grab a great young player is thrilling. Thanks for the look,

Andrew

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Outstanding piece!! I like the large sig that Duchene put on it. Very cool.

Not sure about the handle question though.

Congrats!!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
WOW!!! that's awesome. I agree with Sly the large autograph makes it even cooler. congrats on adding such a cool piece of memorabilia. your display cases look pretty sweet as well.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow that is absolutely insane!!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Even better that it is a rookie season, game used stick as well.

what does the coa look like? is it right from the NHL?

AK11

May 24, 2010
G $MONEY$ said:
Wow that is absolutely insane!!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Even better that it is a rookie season, game used stick as well.

I'll post a scan of the COA when the corrected one arrives. It is pretty simple looking with an embedded seal and signature from the executive of the NHL Alumni Association. It states it was used in one of the last home games for the Avalanche and certifies it is game used and autographed. I am still in shock myself a little bit for having a chance to win this stick and not get into a bidding war over it. Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Very nice. Yes, sometime the end of the stick gets saw'd off, really just depends on the player. Really depends on how long or short the player wants the stick.

AK11

May 24, 2010
G $MONEY$ said:

Here's the COA, just arrived today with the corrected spelling of his last name:

Scan10150.png

Official with a seal and a signature, but very simple and straight forward.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
That is awesome! I've got a question about the stick itself, though. Are the holes on the lower part supposed to let air flow through so you might be able to strike the puck harder?

Members online

Latest posts