Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Personal Top 150 Prospects For 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Keyser Soze said:
So you have to physically see something to know it's true? I haven't actually seen Stonehenge but I know it's a bunch of large rocks stacked on top of each other because someone that did see it told me about it

While I see where you are going with this, but I think you are missing the point.

There is a difference between telling me there is a large group of rocks stacked on top of each other - and - Stonehenge is the best or better groups of rocks stacked on top of each other compared to another group.

My questioning comes in the individual evaluations of the players and how JP comes to his conclusions for the players abilities and skillset.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
He cant tell you why a prospect is ranked #119 and not #89 other then he needs a name to fill a list to 130. Take it with a grain of salt....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
19braves77 said:
He cant tell you why a prospect is ranked #119 and not #89 other then he needs a name to fill a list to 130. Take it with a grain of salt....

I couldn't have said it better myself. Move along, nothing to see here.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I must say, I do like your list a lot more than I like some of the other ones that have been published. I think you are a bit low on Franklin. I'm also surprised you have Profar that low.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jedi500 said:
Would John lamb have ranked over montgomey if he didn't get TJ

I can't speculate on that, as we don't know what kinds of numbers he would have put up, which does play a part.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
J.P. -

What are your thoughts on Purke? I see you have him at 100. He was, at one point, thought to be the potential #1 overall pick, then battled injuries all year but took a battery of tests that revealed no structural damage, yet no one talks about him.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Keyser Soze said:
J.P. -

What are your thoughts on Purke? I see you have him at 100. He was, at one point, thought to be the potential #1 overall pick, then battled injuries all year but took a battery of tests that revealed no structural damage, yet no one talks about him.

When he's healthy, he pitches in the mid-90's and has a good slider. In instructs, his FB wasn't quite as fast and he threw across his body, making his pitches flatten out. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does for Potomac this year.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks for the time and effort you put in making this list.

Also, you outbid me at the last second on the Archie Bradley auto last night that you won for $26. :twisted:

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Speaking of Bradley, what do you think of him? I noticed you placed him a little higher on your list than he is on most lists. I was able to snag two of his autos and a leaf valiant player edition before his prices began rising. Looks like he is getting more popular.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
exigussrex said:
Speaking of Bradley, what do you think of him? I noticed you placed him a little higher on your list than he is on most lists. I was able to snag two of his autos and a leaf valiant player edition before his prices began rising. Looks like he is getting more popular.

I think if he pans out, in a few years he could be a # 2, possibly even # 1 SP.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Nice list. Very helpful. My angle on prospects is drafting them for fantasy baseball keeper leagues.

I thought the following might be low: Pomeranz, Hutchison, Harvey, Grant Green.

And the following might be high: Skaggs (though I love him), Singleton.

Both Gyorko and Erlin seemed very low compared with other sources and their production last year. I feel like Erlin's upside is limited but also that he is a near lock for an MLB rotation.

I also thought you nailed some toughies like Nick Franklin, Casey Kelley.

Betances was reasonably placed only 60 spots higher than on one of the other lists here on FCB.

Just curious- how much did Rizzo and Odorizzi drop for you from any lists you made last year? I don't see how so many people are down on RIzzo's slow MLB start- that is a fairly common MLB debut I think. Odorizzi- I was never super big on but it seemed everybody was all over him last year and now nobody wants to touch him. Archer sank like a stone from last year also...

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Thanks for the list JP. I'd like a little something extra on the list. Your own personal touch of players you feel cannot miss or that you personally put you stamp on. I don't collect cards, so my interest here is just in abilities.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
thefasterblade said:
Thanks for the list JP. I'd like a little something extra on the list. Your own personal touch of players you feel cannot miss or that you personally put you stamp on. I don't collect cards, so my interest here is just in abilities.

As I do prospect, it could make it harder for me to purchase cards of those who I'm especially high on.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
thefasterblade said:

As I do prospect, it could make it harder for me to purchase cards of those who I'm especially high on.

No problem. Thanks anyway.

Members online

Latest posts