Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need cut signature experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
$500.

Honestly, though, no one can give you one accurate answer. It depends on it's authenticity/provenance/material/quality/historical significance.

There are just too many factors involved to give you one educated price quote - anyone who does really doesn't know what they are talking about. Kinda like me.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
brouthercard said:
$500.

Honestly, though, no one can give you one accurate answer. It depends on it's authenticity/provenance/material/quality/historical significance.

There are just too many factors involved to give you one educated price quote - anyone who does really doesn't know what they are talking about. Kinda like me.

well im talking about a ty cobb cut card from UD, topps and so on...not just a signature of cobb on a piece of paper. I know there are a few people on here who have some nice cut signatures such as wagner, clemente, walter johnson and so on and was wondering if they could give me insight on how much they go for

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
KOBEARODLT said:
brouthercard said:
$500.

well im talking about a ty cobb cut card from UD, topps and so on...not just a signature of cobb on a piece of paper. I know there are a few people on here who have some nice cut signatures such as wagner, clemente, walter johnson and so on and was wondering if they could give me insight on how much they go for

Depending on the set that it's from, and how good the cut auto looks, and serial number, etc. etc. Cobb cuts have sold from between $1250-$4000.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
unfortunately, the flashdrive that i have all of my cut signature data stored made it way into the washing machine. according to online sources, once it dries out completely, it should be okay. only time will tell, but i have documented several cobb sales. if memory serves, most sales were around $1,500-$2,000.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
rob167 said:
unfortunately, the flashdrive that i have all of my cut signature data stored made it way into the washing machine. according to online sources, once it dries out completely, it should be okay. only time will tell, but i have documented several cobb sales. if memory serves, most sales were around $1,500-$2,000.

heres the guy i was looking for! and by the way amazing cobb cut in your signature...i wish i would have never passed up on the kaline/cobb cut dual from ultimate

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
thank you for the kind words. i paid $2,485.65 (yes, i keep track down to the penny what i have in each card) for mine about three years ago. now that more are entering the market, the prices have settled a bit. i sure wish my flashdrive would work so i could give you more accurate info.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
rob167 said:
thank you for the kind words. i paid $2,485.65 (yes, i keep track down to the penny what i have in each card) for mine about three years ago. now that more are entering the market, the prices have settled a bit. i sure wish my flashdrive would work so i could give you more accurate info.

yeah if you ever get it to work PLEASE let me know...and even with more entering the market today...i still think yours would sell pretty close to what you paid considering that is one of the best looking sets made within the past years, especially for cuts

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
rob167 said:

heres the guy i was looking for! and by the way amazing cobb cut in your signature...i wish i would have never passed up on the kaline/cobb cut dual from ultimate
That Cobb/Kaline dual cut was friggen SICK!!! Maybe it will come back onto the market sometime in the near future....

As for the prices, Rob has it all covered. :cool:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
scotty21690 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
rob167 said:

That Cobb/Kaline dual cut was friggen SICK!!! Maybe it will come back onto the market sometime in the near future....

As for the prices, Rob has it all covered. :cool:

i knew he would lol and yeah it would be nice but i dont see it showing up anytime soon

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Serious question here, do you need to have a certified UD or Topps issued card?
If not, buy a slabbed auto, pay 200lb Hockey Player to design and build a card for you to your liking, and send to JSA to slab. Then you have "your" Cobb cut auto, not UD or Topps. And you will save yourself about half of what you would pay for a pack pulled auto. Just a thought/suggestion.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:
If not, buy a slabbed auto, pay 200lb Hockey Player to design and build a card for you to your liking, and send to JSA to slab. Then you have "your" Cobb cut auto, not UD or Topps. And you will save yourself about half of what you would pay for a pack pulled auto. Just a thought/suggestion.
Mike does great work, did he do all of the cards in your sig?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Musial Collector said:
Yes he did. Wouldnt consider anyone else but Mike to do this type of work for me. Every card has been amazing and 100% to my liking.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="Musial Collector":3j8s5k8z]Serious question here, do you need to have a certified UD or Topps issued card?
Yes he did. Wouldnt consider anyone else but Mike to do this type of work for me. Every card has been amazing and 100% to my liking.[/quote:3j8s5k8z]
Thought so, they look fantastic! :D

chauns

Jun 9, 2010
$2400 for a Cobb auto... Sound investment

Wish I had it to do it, I'd hop on that in a heartbeat

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
If your talking raw (not in a card), the true value is really closer to the $500 range.

He lived into the 1960s, singed for 55+ years, and wrote many personal checks that have made their way into the hobby.

He signed a good % in green ink, Its a good sign its authentic, green ink usually brings a slight premium.
He also dated and slashed many of the sigs.

Members online

Latest posts