Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nyjer Morgan starts another altercation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Carpenter struck him out, and Morgan yelled "f#&% you" to Carpenter three times. Morgan then threw his chew in the direction of the mound, and benches & bullpens cleared. It looks as if Carpenter didn't say anything after he struck Morgan out, but knowing Carpenter, he probably said something to Morgan during the at-bat. Morgan was tossed, then wondered why he was tossed.

Not shocked it was between the two. Pretty sure they were jawing at each other pretty hard last month.

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
Seemed like an overreaction by both parties. Not so much Carpenter from what I saw, but Pujols came running in for some reason. I think Nyjer may have been talking to Pujols with that last f u. They showed a shot from the dugout and Nyjer said, "He said it first" pointing at someone on the field. I'm glad these teams are done playing each other now. See you in 2012 Cardinals.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
The Third Eye said:
Seemed like an overreaction by both parties. Not so much Carpenter from what I saw, but Pujols came running in for some reason. I think Nyjer may have been talking to Pujols with that last f u. They showed a shot from the dugout and Nyjer said, "He said it first" pointing at someone on the field. I'm glad these teams are done playing each other now. See you in 2012 Cardinals.

glad to be out of that city til next year.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
The Third Eye said:

Definitely agree. I think it's pretty good baseball though, even if we don't really have a shot.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Paging Gaby Sanchez: could you please closeline Nyjer Morgan again.

This guys act is so fracking old.

I don't usually say this about someone-but Nyjer needs to have some sense knocked into him...err is it Tony Plush. The guy isn't good enough to gain attention by his play, so he has to create another ego/person/whatever it is. In 2 years he'll probably be out of baseball. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
My comment is not a reaction to this particular "on field incident" but to baseball incidents like this in general.

I think they should let guys go at it like they do in hockey. Only the two guys involved can go at it and when they drop to the field thats when the umpires would break it up. Once the fight is broken up, then decide who gets tossed. If these were the rules for baseball incidents we would probably have little or none of these types of incidents. It just seems like this particular incident would have been avoided with these rules because it looks like Morgan knew he would be protected by his teammates. Knowing you have 24 men plus coaches keeping you from getting your tail beat tends to give guys allot of courage. A guy like Morgan would have had his tail kicked if he had to go one on one with Pujols or even Carpenter.

I live in the Milwaukee area and am a fan of the team but even I feel this guys act is losing its luster. Time to concentrate on games boys....have fun, yes but lets get down to business and get it done!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
mchenrycards said:
My comment is not a reaction to this particular "on field incident" but to baseball incidents like this in general.

I think they should let guys go at it like they do in hockey. Only the two guys involved can go at it and when they drop to the field thats when the umpires would break it up. Once the fight is broken up, then decide who gets tossed. If these were the rules for baseball incidents we would probably have little or none of these types of incidents. It just seems like this particular incident would have been avoided with these rules because it looks like Morgan knew he would be protected by his teammates. Knowing you have 24 men plus coaches keeping you from getting your tail beat tends to give guys allot of courage. A guy like Morgan would have had his tail kicked if he had to go one on one with Pujols or even Carpenter.

I live in the Milwaukee area and am a fan of the team but even I feel this guys act is losing its luster. Time to concentrate on games boys....have fun, yes but lets get down to business and get it done!

Carpenter & Morgan both have hockey backgrounds, so that'd be an awesome sight to see. I'm not so sure Carpenter would play fair though, lol. Not saying he's going to Cueto someone, but I can see him choking someone, haha.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Taking it to Twitter now too, nice.

@TheRealTPlush Nyjer Morgan - T Dot
Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
MacK said:

Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

even tweets like a low rent moron. you can take some people out of the ghetto..........

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I really "injoy" watching Morgan make a fool of himself.

Some of these people who use social media really make me laugh.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
MacK said:

And now he is going to go after one of the greatest players of this generation, Albert Pujols. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

You stay classy, Nyjer Morgan.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
mchenrycards said:

+1

But, there are a lot of Brewers fans on this board who swear up and down that antics like this are the exact fire the team needs to make the post season. Too bad Morgan is at it again, he's having a good year on the field he should let that speak for itself.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
hail2thevictors said:
MacK said:

And now he is going to go after one of the greatest players of this generation, Albert Pujols. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

You stay classy, Nyjer Morgan.

pretty embarrassing, what a moron. Would hate to have a guy like that on my favorite team.

RyanHowardFan

Mar 24, 2009
Philly, Pa
Since they play the Phillies next he is lucky I am not a pitcher for them. I would throw right at his head. Trust me on this one. If you guys knew me back when I played baseball everytime I pitched against this one local kid who was just as arrogant he got hit. I believe I hit him over 30 times in his career. By the time we got to High School he knew I was going to hit him.

There is no place for this crap in baseball. Sorry I just can't stand Nyjer Morgan. He is bad for baseball

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think we can all agree that this is only a thread-worthy incident because Morgan was involved. This was a pretty run-of-the-mill altercation and probably wouldn't have gotten noticed if it weren't Morgan and the Cards. Seemed like simple jaw-jacking. Morgan shouldn't have taken a step toward the infield even if he was baited. I also think this was frustration after a helluva AB that Nyjer lost.

I was surprised how fast Pujols got there. I'd swear the loudest initial outburst came from his direction; which is really out of character for big A.

I freely admit that T-Plush's "**** talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
hive17 said:
I think we can all agree that this is only a thread-worthy incident because Morgan was involved. This was a pretty run-of-the-mill altercation and probably wouldn't have gotten noticed if it weren't Morgan and the Cards. Seemed like simple jaw-jacking. Morgan shouldn't have taken a step toward the infield even if he was baited. I also think this was frustration after a helluva AB that Nyjer lost.

I was surprised how fast Pujols got there. I'd swear the loudest initial outburst came from his direction; which is really out of character for big A.

I freely admit that T-Plush's "**** talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

The one thing I noticed that could have set someone off, and I didn't see it from another angle to see if that is actually what happened, but when he took his chew out of his mouth it looked like he threw it toward the mound. That may have been what set Pujols off, but I'd have to see it from another angle.

Anyhoo, I think Nyjer is a moron, and have been sick of his antics from the start, and if I were on his team, he'd be getting a nice talking to, or a punch in the face to put him in his place. The team is on a playoff run, they don't need any distractions on or off the field.

Members online

Latest posts