Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OCTOBER 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Good luck. Because I have been collecting autographs long enough to have been able to add everyone from the set in one form or another, I'd have a hard time paying for a specific card myself to build a set like this I am guessing Puckett and/or Jeter will be the biggest $ at this time, although you never know. At just under 100 cards, it's not too terribly daunting.
Thanks! I've had some of them over the years, including the Schmidt. Looking at the set, it's shocking how many of the players are no longer with us, although I have to remind myself that the set came out over 20 years ago.

I'm not sure I'll feel compelled to pick up the Jeter, but will see over time. He definitely warrants inclusion in the set. I wish Fleer was around to do an update set with another 50-100 Greats, many from the last 20 years.

Should be a fun set. Already toying with the idea of going after the 2001 set afterwards lol, but getting ahead of myself.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Thanks! I've had some of them over the years, including the Schmidt. Looking at the set, it's shocking how many of the players are no longer with us, although I have to remind myself that the set came out over 20 years ago.

I'm not sure I'll feel compelled to pick up the Jeter, but will see over time. He definitely warrants inclusion in the set. I wish Fleer was around to do an update set with another 50-100 Greats, many from the last 20 years.

Should be a fun set. Already toying with the idea of going after the 2001 set afterwards lol, but getting ahead of myself.

I'm working on the 2001 set at the moment and at about the 50% mark. Some of the SPs never show up. These came in Saturday

Carlton Fisk.jpg Don Larsen.jpg

I also picked up these 5 to go with the Gary Carter I got last week as a possible starter to the 1999 set. If nothing else they were cheap (basically just the cost of the Gibson) and it knocks off 5 of the 7 Cardinals in the set for my Cardinals auto PC.
Bob Gibson.jpgEnos Slaughter.jpgLou Brock.jpg Bob Forsch.jpg Red Schoendienst.jpg

I'm still picking up early (2001-2004) numbered Pujols stuff too when it's cheap.

2004 Donruss Leather & Lumber Materials Bat /100
2004 Donruss Leather & Lumber Bat Relic.jpg

I'll always add a Hank Aaron auto too when it's well priced. It's not the boldest auto but it's good enough for the price.
HankAaron.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
102422.jpg
Coco Crisp was the only Athletic to get a 2022 Archives Fan Favorites Autograph. At least it was a good choice, I believe this is his first A's certified auto aside from some of the Archives buyback issues. Mulder is a Gold parallel from 2022 Museum Collection, 18/25. I got the Topps Heritage autographed version if this '73 Cepeda earlier this year but here's the actual card it was based on...I've been trying to finish up my base Topps A's team sets going back to the first Oakland year, as previously I just concentrated on the bigger A's stars. Cepeda was certainly a star but he only had 3 at bats with the A's. Last is a Trevor Cahill Gypsy Queen Mini Plate. I always prefer a framed plate to a bare plate.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
2005 Absolute Memorabilia Team Quads Swatch Single Prime Spec Black Vlad/And/Glaus/Erstad Jsy 8 /10

Quad patch of 4 Angels fan favorites. I'm down to a single remaining card to close out the 05 Absolute run of Erstad: Team Six Swatch Single Spectrum

2022 Topps Tribute Tribute Stadium Signatures Darin Erstad TSS-DE Red /5

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Big non-baseball day again...

But will show the only BB card that wasn't Dodger related. Pettis /25. Pettis 25.jpg. Also 1 BKB card, A. Smith. A Smith.jpg

The rest are FB and it's heavy! Accidentally doubles up a couple of them, but I don't mind.
Skrepenak.jpgA Wallace.jpgGault.jpgJL Williams.jpgSwilling.jpg
Joiner.jpgrEEVES 2.jpgReeves.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
This is the first piece in a new Rainbow. Helsley doesn't get many cards as a reliever unfortunately but he's in Topps 206 Wave 3 this year so I'm on the case. 6 down and on the way, 4 to go.
He also has an All Star Relic and Jumbo Relic card, with a few parallels, in Topps Update but no base card because we need to have 17 cards of the Ohtanis and Judges in each series instead of actually having cards for a top 3 closer.

2022 Topps 206 American Beauty parallel - Print run of 20
2022 Topps 206 W3-91 American Beauty Front PR20.jpg 2022 Topps 206 W3-91 American Beauty Back PR20.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
102522.jpg
Rich Harden completes the 2003 UD Finite 15-card team set, which is all numbered ranging from /1999 all the way down to /150. For some reason this one slipped by me and I didn't realize the team set was incomplete until recently. And I don't look for graded stuff aside from vintage but sometimes that's just what comes up for sale at the right time so I end up with it. 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Sonny Gray Orange Refractor Autograph 08/25 - this matches my Gold Refractor which is also BGS 9.5. Would have been nice if it was a 9 or ungraded so I could have saved some money, but waiting for the perfect copy of a 10+ year old /25 card to show up is a fool's errand. Gotta grab what's available if it's a price you're willing to pay. I now have the base, Refractor/500, Blue/150, Gold/50, and Orange/25, just leaving the Red/5 and Super/1. I feel like the Red would go for more than I'd want to pay (and I KNOW the Super would) so that's probably it for this card.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I feel a little bit bad for the seller of this. Got it for a $1.50 with FREE S/H! View attachment 342995
I bought the John Wooden I have for $3 out of the bargain box at my now closed LCS.

Mail I misplaced in the car for a couple weeks

1986 OPC Tattoos - I got it for the Ozzie Smith but it's neat having the entire 7 section panel. Kind of a pain to scan though since it's longer than my scanner bed is tall so I scanned it in two scans.
Ozzie Tattoo Sheet 1.jpg Ozzie Tattoo Sheet 2.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
102822.jpg
2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Refractor Auto Vida Blue 041/199. The Refractor auto team set will be easier to complete than the base autos because Rickey Henderson does not have a Refractor parallel. Currently I'm 5/9 on the Refractors and 9/12 on the base with one incoming, still need to pick up an Eck and decide if I want to pay for a Henderson. 2011 Topps 60 Jumbo Relics Brett Anderson has been on my wantlist for a while, this is the first one I can recall seeing. Serial numbered 13/20. Last up is a 2022 Pristine Matt Chapman Autograph.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wilkins Fleer (with Stamp). Been seeing what seems like a lot of these stamped Fleer cards lately and it concerns me. I know they were like pulling needles from haystacks back when they were new. The internet brings the world together, but still...how hard would it be to get a Fleer stamp after they went bankrupt? I guess I will forever be suspicious.

s-l1600-1.jpg

Louie Dampier. Didn't even realize he was in the HOF. One of those WAY under the radar HOFers. s-l1600.jpg

Tyrone Wheatley. Wheatley.jpg

A pair of Villapianos, one being his RC, but with a heavy crease. It was cheap enough to not concern myself over the crease, just to have it. Villapiano RC.jpgVillapiano 75.jpg

Terry Hanratty RC auto. Normally a card like this wouldn't even warrant mention in a new arrival thread. However, been holding on to this interesting observation since I won it. What are the odds that one team would have two young QBs on their roster, both of whom were appearing on their first Topps card and shared the first name Terry? Hanratty was in his 2nd year, but apparently didn't warrant a card the prior year as the back-up to starter and odd name legend Dick Shiner.

The Bradshaw auto isn't mine, just there for effect.

Hanratty.pngs-l1600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts