Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official ALCS Thread: Tigers/Rangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sheetskout said:
Randy Shields said:
sheetskout said:
A.J. Pierzynski is a complete trainwreck on the broadcast.

I'm really liking Francona. Sooooo much better than Tim McKnucklehead who apparently will be back for game 3.

I agree. Francona has been solid and likeable.

I've got to disagree. I thought Francona did nothing but state the obvious all night. Honestly, I thought Francona was pretty poor. Just my opinion, though.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
hail2thevictors said:
sheetskout said:
Randy Shields said:
sheetskout said:
A.J. Pierzynski is a complete trainwreck on the broadcast.

I'm really liking Francona. Sooooo much better than Tim McKnucklehead who apparently will be back for game 3.

I agree. Francona has been solid and likeable.

I've got to disagree. I thought Francona did nothing but state the obvious all night. Honestly, I thought Francona was pretty poor. Just my opinion, though.

who cares who is mouthing during the game? i turn on metallica and iced earth
we all know that WE could do better anyway right?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
hail2thevictors said:
I guess Jim Leyland didn't feel like trying to tie it in the 9th. He pinch runs Danny Worth for Santiago(when Worth is no faster than Santiago), then pinch hits Betemit who now has struck out his last 3 AB, on a total of 9 pitches-all with swinging 3rd strikes when it's a ball.

Then he leaves Jackson in to hit, when he's looked lost against righties, let alone a guy throwing high 90s.

As a Tigers fan, it's hard to watch these guys swing at so many balls. The umpire had one of the smallest strike zones you will see, but you wouldn't know that by watching Betemit, Jackson, and Raburn. Feliz probably actually threw 5 pitches that would have been called strikes.

But, we have to move on and hope Max Scherzer can bring it like last Game 2. And our bats need to wake up.

It was excruciating seeing Betemit come to the plate knowing exactly what he was going to do. Jackson and Raburn as well.
Forget Betemit, give Dirks a shot. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

I have a good feeling though with Scherzer going tonight.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I didn't mind Piersynski or Francona last night. I think Francona has a great voice for it, he just needs to spend a little time working on what's going on though, but it really helped listening to the game.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Randy Shields said:
hail2thevictors said:
I guess Jim Leyland didn't feel like trying to tie it in the 9th. He pinch runs Danny Worth for Santiago(when Worth is no faster than Santiago), then pinch hits Betemit who now has struck out his last 3 AB, on a total of 9 pitches-all with swinging 3rd strikes when it's a ball.

Then he leaves Jackson in to hit, when he's looked lost against righties, let alone a guy throwing high 90s.

As a Tigers fan, it's hard to watch these guys swing at so many balls. The umpire had one of the smallest strike zones you will see, but you wouldn't know that by watching Betemit, Jackson, and Raburn. Feliz probably actually threw 5 pitches that would have been called strikes.

But, we have to move on and hope Max Scherzer can bring it like last Game 2. And our bats need to wake up.

It was excruciating seeing Betemit come to the plate knowing exactly what he was going to do. Jackson and Raburn as well.

I second the motion. Dirks' should be getting an opportunity for his glove alone. I would definitely be putting him in the game before Raburn. Not to mention it would be nice to get his left handed bat in the lineup the way the ball jump out to right center in Arlington. Crap, I just saw that Holland (a lefty) is pitching. I guess Dirks won't be starting tonight.

I had to miss the game last night. I was helping a guy smoke 600 pounds of pit beef for a fundraiser today. I'll be watching tonight. Go Tigers!!!

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
jeremy said:
mlb network
ArtVandelay said:
Superfractor said:
No game, today - ugh.

Where do you see that?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

Thanks. Didnt see that on either ESPN or on the Rangers official site when I looked.

My ALCS game 1 experience!
photo.jpg

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
archiebunkerjr said:
Randy Shields said:
hail2thevictors said:

I second the motion. Dirks' should be getting an opportunity for his glove alone. I would definitely be putting him in the game before Raburn. Not to mention it would be nice to get his left handed bat in the lineup the way the ball jump out to right center in Arlington. Crap, I just saw that Holland (a lefty) is pitching. I guess Dirks won't be starting tonight.

I had to miss the game last night. I was helping a guy smoke 600 pounds of pit beef for a fundraiser today. I'll be watching tonight. Go Tigers!!!

Man, in the 9th I was hoping Dirks would hit for AJax. AJax hit a double, yes, but overall this postseason he has been lost like an easter egg. He tries to act like a leadoff hitter and take pitches, but then ends up down 0-2 or 1-2, and just whiffs constantly. Dirks needs to get a shot.

When Leyland hit Betemit, I was at a loss of words. Just a bad decision. Then he lets AJax hit, when any Tigers fan could have told you what would happen there. And honestly, Leyland needs to forget about the lefty-righty stuff, and just give Dirks a shot. AJax surely isn't warranting being in the lineup everyday. This is the postseason, win or go home-lets shake it up a little.

Members online

Latest posts