Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Just confirm this one 1988 Donruss, INC vs. INC. I thought it was originally only on the MVPs, but I just went through over 400 Barry Bonds, and found 3 INC no period. So they seem to be much "rarer" than INC.

There are no 88 donruss canseco's w/out the period on comc :( WHYYYY OH WHY!?!???

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Just confirm this one 1988 Donruss, INC vs. INC. I thought it was originally only on the MVPs, but I just went through over 400 Barry Bonds, and found 3 INC no period. So they seem to be much "rarer" than INC.

Do the 88 donrusses have *DENOTES* and *DENOTES variations as well?

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
Do the 88 donrusses have *DENOTES* and *DENOTES variations as well?

I hope not! lol. I didn't see any in the 400+ Bonds I have. I thought initially maybe the INC was factory set, but I found Bonds with INC, INC. and INC. Factory set border variation.

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
Also did someone on here, or maybe somewhere else, say something about early print runs of 1988 Score having fuzzy corners, not bad corners, but little "fuzzies" attached to corners. Is this a "true" variation. I see about 15-20% of my Bonds like this (maybe fewer)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Also did someone on here, or maybe somewhere else, say something about early print runs of 1988 Score having fuzzy corners, not bad corners, but little "fuzzies" attached to corners. Is this a "true" variation. I see about 15-20% of my Bonds like this (maybe fewer)

I've mentioned it in the past.

I had pre ordered a case from The Scoreboard in New Jersey and I remember them calling and saying that all of the cases had to be sent back to Score because of the fuzzy corners.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
I've mentioned it in the past.

I had pre ordered a case from The Scoreboard in New Jersey and I remember them calling and saying that all of the cases had to be sent back to Score because of the fuzzy corners.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oh ok. I looked through mine just for shiggles, and have 21 fuzzy corners out of 247, so just under 10%.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I hope not! lol. I didn't see any in the 400+ Bonds I have. I thought initially maybe the INC was factory set, but I found Bonds with INC, INC. and INC. Factory set border variation.

Are you saying there are

Inc
inc,
inc.

?

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
Another variation to the 1993 topps black gold YOUVE JUST WON cards, I have a Winner A card with and one without the copyright on the back bottom. Just wanted to share this one.

Jan 14, 2009
Another variation to the 1993 topps black gold YOUVE JUST WON cards, I have a Winner A card with and one without the copyright on the back bottom. Just wanted to share this one.

These were discovered a few years ago. I believe there was a discussion on this board too. Can't recall which version was rarer.

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
Another interesting variation found. While going through a pile of George Bretts, I found a 1992 Leaf Black Gold with SILVER foil on the front instead of the gold. At 1st I thought it was the promo, but it is definitely the base card parallel. Not sure if this is an error, or a set wide variation.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Another interesting variation found. While going through a pile of George Bretts, I found a 1992 Leaf Black Gold with SILVER foil on the front instead of the gold. At 1st I thought it was the promo, but it is definitely the base card parallel. Not sure if this is an error, or a set wide variation.

lets see a pic!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold Variation Error. These cards have the glossy like tiffany finish but the Gold lettering associated with the base cards.

Base Matte Finish

Error Glossy Tiffany Finish

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
lets see a pic!

Sorry for the delay all... I didn't get any e-mails stating someone replied, hmph.

As for a scan, I don't have access to my scanner right now - not working correctly. It is the same exact card, just with silver foil.

ragtop12

Jan 15, 2015
Also, quick question. Does anyone know how to identify wax boxes of 1989 Fleer that contain the FF error? I remember back in 1989, my father and I went around and bought up a bunch of boxes with the error and there was a way to tell - I just can't remember!

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I have an old checklist of Kirby Puckett cards and it includes "1995 Panini Sticker Variation Back" for two Pucketts that year. Anybody know what that variation is? Tried Google and eBay searches for any of the 1995 Panini stickers to try to find answers, but came up with nothing. Just trying to figure out what to be looking for. Thanks!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I have an old checklist of Kirby Puckett cards and it includes "1995 Panini Sticker Variation Back" for two Pucketts that year. Anybody know what that variation is? Tried Google and eBay searches for any of the 1995 Panini stickers to try to find answers, but came up with nothing. Just trying to figure out what to be looking for. Thanks!

I have that variation in my list but not sure it exists either. Believe one says "Collect all 156 stickers" and the other one supposedly doesn't.

Ryan

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
OK, that helped me figure it out. Part of my problem was that on COMC I was searching "Panini" and it's all listed under "Fleer" on there. You are correct, some are centered and don't have the "Collect All..." on them. COMC differentiates the two with just a regular listing, and then one that is "Centered" in the listing. Here are the Ruben Sierra examples. Thanks for the help!

1995FleerPaniniSticker.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
OK, that helped me figure it out. Part of my problem was that on COMC I was searching "Panini" and it's all listed under "Fleer" on there. You are correct, some are centered and don't have the "Collect All..." on them. COMC differentiates the two with just a regular listing, and then one that is "Centered" in the listing. Here are the Ruben Sierra examples. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 55075

Cool , at least we know it does exist. Glad you found an example and good luck finding the one(s) you need.

Ryan