Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Twinsfest Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Great job with the autos, TGutta! Nice Span addition, too.

Here's my Mauer item.

tf_0002_zpsed1d3aba.jpg

Measures 11x13 3/4. It's a 2009 Season Ticket Promo Book. Nathan is on the front, and I have him signed on another one, so now I can frame both.

nathan.jpg

Wish Joe could have signed it in gold like Nathan, but he didn't have a gold pen! Guess that's what happens when you end up at the back of the line. Still, feels nice to have it done.

My other pick ups were some vintage. Didn't find anything of Ken Boyer that I need, but I found these Red Schoendienst beauties for $20.

tf_zps0dd72b14.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Tom found a great Cuddy card that I was missing and picked it up for me on Saturday
From Prime Patches, the Hat/Patch/Bat card, numbered 3/5, for $8 :-o
Thanks again Tom

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
My TwinsFest 3 day weekend breakdown

Day 1
I went Friday before the Grace Potter concert at First Ave (I needed to make it up to my girlfriend for bringing her to Twinsfest for 2 days). We got there and we went straight to the Sano line and didn't bother with wristbands for either Mauer or Morneau. My GF and I eventually got Sano:

Session 1
Miguel Sano x2- 2012 Topps Heritage, 2012 Topps Heritage Prospect Performers
Michael Tonkin x2- AFL and Blank Signature Cards
Ryan Pressly x2- AFL and Blank Signature Cards

Session 2
For the second session we hit up Joe Benson's line since I had 4 different cards I needed of him signed throughout the weekend. Frank Quilici was a no-show which was fine, I'll just send my cards to him through the mail.

Joe Benson x2- 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter, 2012 Topps Heritage Rookie Stars already signed by Adron Chambers
Brian Dozier x2- 2012 Topps Heritage, 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Target Field card
Alex Burnett x2- Bowman Rookie Card, and 2011 Topps

We were both then able to hit up the other main field line since these seemed to be empty throughout the weekend. I also needed Pelfrey on a couple set cards. Pelfrey seemed very happy to be on the Twins.
Jamey Carroll x2- 2 Different Topps Heritage cards
Mike Pelfrey x2- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter, 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter
Josh Roenicke x2- Blank Signature card, 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Target Field card

After the second session I grabbed Mudcat Grant on a 1962 Topps card at the Fergie Jenkins booth. They seemed to pull the old bait and switch with prices again as I saw $10 advertised but they showed $20 at the show.

I left some cards with my brother who was able to get to two different session for me and one for himself during the 4th time slot.
Chris Parmelee x1- 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Jumbo card for Mariano Rivera's 500th Save
Trevor Plouffe x1- 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Jumbo card for Mariano Rivera's 500th Save (commented on this being negative memorabilia since it depicts Parmelee, Plouffe, and Cuddyer, the 3 guys Rivera got out for his 500th save)
Brian Duensing x1- Topps T-206

Trevor May x2- 2012 Topps Heritage Minors, and Rize card which he signed the requested "DJ Hey Beef" but not his name. My brother was told he was the second person to ask him to sign that.
Nate Hanson x1- Blank Signature card
Austin Malinowski x1- Blank Signature card
Alex Meyer x2- Panini rookie ticket, and Limited (bubbled)

On my brother's way out he stopped to get Bert and Dan Gladden who didn't have a line and my brother swears that both were drunk and Bert was throwing out some very casual curses (not at anyone, just to add emphasis).

Day 1 totals- 28 items signed

Day 2

On day 2 my girlfriend decided she was brave enough to go again so we headed out and got there a little after the gates opened. We were able to each get wristbands for Mauer and Morneau and then we headed to Josh Willingham and Gardenhires line

Session 1
Ron Gardenhire x2- 2011 Topps Heritage Twins Team card, and another Topps Heritage card
Josh Willingham x2- 2012 Topps Heritage, 2011 Topps Heritage- His autograph looked really nice and it's looked a lot better since he joined the Twins

Session 2
My brother and I both got wristbands for Morneau but he didn't want anything so I gave him a card and waited in line for Sano for him with my girlfriend.

Miguel Sano x2 (one for my brother)- 2012 Topps Heritage SP (Player Pic Variation), OMLB SS
Alex Meyer x2 (one for my brother)- Limited card which turned out much better than day prior, OMLB SS
Chris Herrmann x1- Signature Card
Caleb Theilbar x1- Signature Card

Justin Morneau x1- 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter

After we got through Sano's line I ran up and got in Morneau's line with enough time left and I was able to get him again

Justin Morneau x1- 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter

Session 3
While I was in line I also found that I had also won the wristband for Mauer so I jumped in that line next while my GF and my buddy waited in line for Hicks and Gibson. The line for Mauer ended with about 10 minutes left so they let anyone through and I was able to get him again.

Joe Mauer x2- 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter, and 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter

My girlfriend was able to get these done for me
Aaron Hicks x3- 2012 Topps Heritage, 2012 Topps Heritage Prospect Performers, 2012 Topps Heritage Manufactured Hat Patch
Kyle Gibson x2- 2011 Topps Heritage SP, 2011 Topps Heritage Red Tint
Nate Hanson x1- Signature Card

That was about all I wanted to get on day 2 so we took off with two sessions to go and headed to the Crooked Pint (I highly recomend the food here as an alternative to Huberts and it's within walking distance).

Day 2 totals- 19 items signed

Day 3
My GF decided to sit this one out and sleep in. I got there a little late and got a Mauer wristband but they had already ran out of wristbands for Morneau.

Session 1
I went to the Trevor May line again to see if I could get May to sign AND inscribe his DJ name but this time on a 2012 Topps Heritage

Trevor May x2- 2011 Topps Heritage Minors Green Tint, 2012 Topps Heritage Minors inscribed "DJ MAZR" and I was told that was the first time he had been asked to sign that
Aaron Hicks x3- 2011 Topps Heritage SP, 2012 Topps Heritage Minors, 2012 Topps Heritage Minors PP

I then went to see if Morneau's line would end early again and it did so I got him on another set card
Justin Morneau x1- 2011 Topps Heritage

My brother needed Newman on a project he was working on but didn't need the rest of the guys so I started a team ball
Scott Diamond x1- Team Ball
Cole Devries x1- Team Ball
Trevor Plouffe x1- Team Ball

Session 2
I was just sitting around until I decided to get Vance Worley in hopes that I could get a "Vanimal" inscription on a 2012 A&G

Vance Worley x1- 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter with "VANIMAL" inscription
Jamey Carroll x1- Team Ball
Josh Roenicke x1- Team Ball

Session 3
I wanted to start a 2012 Topps Heritage rookie stars card that features all Twins Benson/Waldrop/Hendriks/Parmelee so I waited in Parmelee's line.
Chris Parmelee x2- 2012 Topps Heritage rookie stars Twins, and 2012 Topps Heritage rookie stars (different players pictured)
Mike Pelfrey x1- 2011 Topps Heritage
Kevin Correia x1- 2009 Topps Heritage

I then waited in line for Viola for my brother but we ended up not getting him.

Session 4
I stuck it out for more Joe Benson sigs during a snowsorm (I think I'm crazy)

Liam Hendriks x2- 2012 Topps Heritage RS already signed by Parmelee (signed in black ugh), 2012 Topps Heritage RS different players pictured
Joe Benson x2- 2012 Topps Heritage RS already signed by Jared Hughes, 2012 Topps Heritage RS already signed by Parmelee and Hendriks
Anthony Swarzak x1- Team Ball
Gene Glynn x1- Team Ball

Day 3 totals- 22 items signed

Twinsfest totals 69 items signed (no I didn't purposely stop at that number)

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
On my brother's way out he stopped to get Bert and Dan Gladden who didn't have a line and my brother swears that both were drunk and Bert was throwing out some very casual curses (not at anyone, just to add emphasis).

For sure they were at least feeling quite "happy", Bert was Sweet Spotting the ball for god sakes, you know, Bert dont Sweet Spot the ball for no one LOL, and there was a bottle of Mich Golden Light next to Bert that I noticed.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
For sure they were at least feeling quite "happy", Bert was Sweet Spotting the ball for god sakes, you know, Bert dont Sweet Spot the ball for no one LOL, and there was a bottle of Mich Golden Light next to Bert that I noticed.

Bert sweet spotting? I dont believe it

TwinsRube

Jan 29, 2011
I'm slightly embarassed to admit that I've never been to TwinsFest despite being a big Twins fan. Kicking myself now having seen some the stuff you all uncovered. Mind if i ask what you usually end up spending down there? I imagine between cards and balls bought before the show and the cost of autos/memorabilia it can rack up in a hurry. Might have to start saving up now for next year haha.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Really depends on what you are looking for
It was easy getting Mauer and Morneau each day, at $25 per, if you get them all three days, you are looking at $150 alone there.
Get your tickets ahead of time to get it, and its $9 per day, so lets say $30
Youre gonna get hungry each day, so a dome dog and a soda say $10 per day, another $30
Parking, you will have to park in a lot, the one next to the dome is $10, or you can street park for $2 for 4 hours, so say between $6 - 30 to park.
You will get other guys autos, so lets say to be safe, add in another $30-50 (avg of $40 then)
You will buy stuff at the pro shop, you will buy stuff from dealers, etc, so just to be safe, lets earmark $100 for the weekend.

All total, first time going and going all out, ballpark (pun intended), $450ish, that is solely based on what I tallied above.
You could go higher, or you could go much lower, but being a first timer, I would easily set aside $400+

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I usually spend between $200-$300.

This year I hit about $175. I had sold a Starter jacket about a week ago which is where a majority of the cash came from, and I dipped into some grad money for the rest (but now I owe myself the rest of that).

I also spent roughly $50 on supplies, give or take.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
I heard that Jack Morris will be at Tom Frantzen's in a few weeks. Anyone have details on that?

Saturday, February 16th.

Viola & Reardon signing from 11:00am to 1:00pm. $15 per auto w/ 1 free inscription or both for $25.

Jack Morris is signing in the afternoon. No time given @ the moment but his are $20 per w/ 1 free inscription.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts