Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
What do you make of this? Just picked it up on COMC, the front and back don't seem to match (Pennant Edition is supposed to be 1st 500):

1bae963b-e77b-4dec-be21-2ce477dc72a0.jpg
1bae963b-e77b-4dec-be21-2ce477dc72a0.jpg

I would verify with COMC that the scans are of the same card.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Pm sent. The Griffey sold at a high bin on ebay within a few hours of listing it. Griffey collectors don't mess around lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, both of these look silver... I have to relook at mine tonight and see if they are both silver or light blue but I'm 99% sure they are the same. I am guessing they are the light blue because I believe the guy I bought it from would know but who knows. I guess the silver is limited to 67 copies? Maybe it's just the Belle...

I seriously can't figure out which copies I have. The two I have are identical and scanner/pic don't help either if I take them. Pacific has other "light blue" cards and I wanted to see if anyone can confirm the "light blue" here is identical or much lighter? I'm guessing I have two light blue considering the silvers are something smaller in copy count? I don't want to pull the trigger on any more of these for Belle until I'm sure.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I seriously can't figure out which copies I have. The two I have are identical and scanner/pic don't help either if I take them. Pacific has other "light blue" cards and I wanted to see if anyone can confirm the "light blue" here is identical or much lighter? I'm guessing I have two light blue considering the silvers are something smaller in copy count? I don't want to pull the trigger on any more of these for Belle until I'm sure.

Show us what they look like and we can give an opinion. It might not help, though lol

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
my Pennant Edition is numbered 0357...

Leaf Rookies and Stars MVP 11 Pennant Edition 0357 of 5000.jpg

And I simply love the inserts (and even some base) that Pacific put out. Extremely creative, and one of my personal favorite manufacturers to get when I pick up some Bagwells from time to time.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
I've been busy picking up some short printed Thome stuff... Also found a Grand Finale. Soooo hard to find any of them!
Scan_Pic0092.jpg
Scan_Pic0094.jpg
Scan_Pic0095.jpg
Scan_Pic0096.jpg
Scan_Pic0097.jpg
Scan_Pic0087.jpg

There are more but long posts... you know. You can check my bucket in my sig if anyone wants to trade.
Those 98' Donruss collections "prized collection" cards are awesome looking in person. The preferred ones are stated pr of 55 also!

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay here are three scans. I think they're the same color and now that I'm taking pictures I feel like they're silvers... Damn I don't know let me know your thoughts!
653d0e47.jpg

b82fa4d4.jpg

a14444f6.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Okay here are three scans. I think they're the same color and now that I'm taking pictures I feel like they're silvers... Damn I don't know let me know your thoughts!
653d0e47.jpg

b82fa4d4.jpg

a14444f6.jpg

Those look silver to me as well. The only way I can describe a light blue is they look almost dullish gray(at least to me) in person. Weird thing is some of the posts I'm seeing must be catching the light quite well because the ones I have don't even look as blue as the ones in the above scans.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I would verify with COMC that the scans are of the same card.

Apparently it is. I asked about it, and in response, it's now listed as a Pennant Edition, serial #4835/500. I feel weird about putting it up for sale; on one hand, it's potentially scarcer than the properly #'ed Pennant Editions. On the other hand, nothing about the card is right and I can't explain it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Clipped this one off COMCs for a few dollars... It was listed as a "silver" but only time will tell when I get it in hand and see if it matchs the two I have ::facepalm::

71ef55d1-01fd-4c47-81a4-9ea23b26ebcb.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Maybe it is just me - but I have had an easier time finding the silvers than the light blue. I think I have 4 silvers and only one light blue, and I see more silvers listed all the time. Is this just Larkin.... or have other collectors experienced this with their player as well? I am thinking a lot of these were backdoored or sold in bankruptcy auctions, it just seems like there are a lot more than 67 of the silvers out there IMO.

Clipped this one off COMCs for a few dollars... It was listed as a "silver" but only time will tell when I get it in hand and see if it matchs the two I have ::facepalm::

71ef55d1-01fd-4c47-81a4-9ea23b26ebcb.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Maybe it is just me - but I have had an easier time finding the silvers than the light blue. I think I have 4 silvers and only one light blue, and I see more silvers listed all the time. Is this just Larkin.... or have other collectors experienced this with their player as well? I am thinking a lot of these were backdoored or sold in bankruptcy auctions, it just seems like there are a lot more than 67 of the silvers out there IMO.

Well at first I thought maybe both mine originals were light blue because the silvers were thought of to be So hard to find or harder to find, etc. I'm starting to think I have two silvers and just purchased another to make as wall paper lol... This will be one of those pain in the ass searches for me I'm sure because I'll end up buying a bunch of silvers before I actually get a guy who knows he has a light blue and sells it as such.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I still need the silver.. I got the blue in a lot and thought I struck gold because the lot was cheap but it turns out I still need the silver afterall.

Members online

Latest posts