Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
yes ebay, almost threw up. this is the only one I have seen in 8 years. just glad it arrived safe. its one I always wanted.

Congrats. Such a nice card! I think I need the Belle. I'd be PISSED if it arrived in a PWE though haha

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Wow, nice cards! I didn't even know you had those! Looks like print lines were an issue with most of them.

This Ripken had them, but was the best card I ever had. I flipped it for a big profit to kickstart my return to the hobby. I've regretted selling it ever since, although it maybe had to happen.

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture4893-1998-pinnacle-team-pinnacle-mirror-gold-cal-ripken-jr-25.jpg

Then I bought this Lofton - cost me an arm and a leg because of a bidding war with a board member. It does not have print lines, but I also noticed the card stock wasn't as thick as the Ripken and the coating on the mirror side wasn't as glorious.

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture4891-1998-pinnacle-team-pinnacle-mirror-gold-kenny-lofton-25.jpg

What's the name of this set?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I think these are such a cool 90's insert - with the die-cut "pin holes." Picked up Maddux, Piazza and this guy. If anyone has any others and wants to sell, hit me up.

$T2eC16ZHJF0FFZ5pO0DvBRg0ZrpGOw~~60_57.JPG

Hmmm... I would be very worried about buying these commonly aftermarket, back-door scrap knockoffs...Obviously this is an example if you look at the 16th Linchpin down, 6th Linchpin over you can clearly see someone has cut these out with an ordinary pair of dull kitchen scissors... Hate to break it to you, but this card is FAKE!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hmmm... I would be very worried about buying these commonly aftermarket, back-door scrap knockoffs...Obviously this is an example if you look at the 16th Linchpin down, 6th Linchpin over you can clearly see someone has cut these out with an ordinary pair of dull kitchen scissors... Hate to break it to you, but this card is FAKE!

But I like my new scraps...

scraps2.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

You got me until I counted the linchpins downward. There is no #16th . That's that.

:oops:

On another note, if you guys know already then good. If not, here's scans of what I just found out. Question is, Is there a double foil?

calripkenjrcollector-albums-2013-may-picture17037-1998-pinnacle-plus-team-pinnacle.jpg

calripkenjrcollector-albums-2013-may-picture17036-1998-pinnacle-plus-team-pinnacle-r-foil.jpg

Don't ask me because I bought it thinking I'll have a double but when I put it next to the other one, It's the same and different at the same time... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts