Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
passing on the Bernie's to, don't think there proofs.

I don't care if you buy them or not, but just what do you think they are?
Does it matter if they're "proofs" compared to "scraps" or "leftovers"?
I just find these 1,000,000 times more appealing and collectible than "paper proofs" for example... which for some reason are considered (by Beckett, anyways) as "real proofs".

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I just find these 1,000,000 times more appealing and collectible than "paper proofs" for example... which for some reason are considered (by Beckett, anyways) as "real proofs".

I think there scraps or unfinished not for me, and I don't care what you think either

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I care what you think, don't get me wrong. I said I don't care if you buy them. I actually care a lot about what other player collectors think. Thanks for the nice reply, though.

didn't mean to come off XXXXXy, didn't mean it that way, sorry just don't think there proofs.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Whatever anyone calls them the are un-serial numbered cards and I would rather have them than the serial numbered to 10 cards. I have pulled about 10 or so inserts from packs that were missing the serial number. Proofs just sounds good. I won one of the Juans and lost the other, I can not wait to get it. This is one of my greatest pack pulls. What are the odds of me pulling this of the player I collect. Just love it.

juan_picture.php

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC

got the 99 maddux tek golds in this afternoon and i gotta say after having them in hand I am very pleased with them. they might not be "proofs" but for lack of a better word for them I don't feel slighted by it. they could have just been extras printed for replacement purposes/in case others were damaged during the printing process that ended up not being used. test prints? scraps? whatever. they are gorgeous cards and I wouldn't have paid much more than I did for them but like I said before $10/ea I've spent worst and got less in personal value.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
got the 99 maddux tek golds in this afternoon and i gotta say after having them in hand I am very pleased with them. they might not be "proofs" but for lack of a better word for them I don't feel slighted by it. they could have just been extras printed for replacement purposes/in case others were damaged during the printing process that ended up not being used. test prints? scraps? whatever. they are gorgeous cards and I wouldn't have paid much more than I did for them but like I said before $10/ea I've spent worst and got less in personal value.

That's good to hear! I have the Frank Thomas' coming to me for about $22/per. I was pleased at that price.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Got these $1 packs today, and now I need to get more. I am sure Gwynn was on every 98, 99, 00 Pacific product, no?!! Never realized it until that last 90's break...

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Also bought a box of 97 Hobby reserve very cheaply and pulled this:

Along with the Klesko Artist's Proof, Frank Thomas Stand and Deliver, and Juan Gone Blaster Master...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Got these $1 packs today, and now I need to get more. I am sure Gwynn was on every 98, 99, 00 Pacific product, no?!! Never realized it until that last 90's break...

Were you able to get the empty boxes from Andrew? In break 2 or 3 I know there is an 00 Prism box which has TG on it, packs probably do too.

Ryan

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Anyone here win the 1997 SPx Gold Gwynn that looked an awful lot like a Grand Finale for about $35 the other day?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts