Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That's BGS...they'll grade anything, almost literally. PSA won't grade anything without substantial support from the Beckett Big Book or the Krause Standard Catalog.

I agree , but I have list interest in BGS overtime. And IMO 90s cards go w PSA. So it is what it is, PSA would label them Gold but no notation of Red. You would figure they would know a lil about the set but they said they looked into in and not enough info exists and not in the catalogs.
Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I agree , but I have list interest in BGS overtime. And IMO 90s cards go w PSA. So it is what it is, PSA would label them Gold but no notation of Red. You would figure they would know a lil about the set but they said they looked into in and not enough info exists and not in the catalogs.
Ryan

so if PSA did grade it, would it be graded as a gold stand and deliver??

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
The drawback with PSA is they either don't seem to have the knowledge of a lot of rare 90s variations to slab them correctly or they don't care. My crusade rainbow is labelled 3 different ways and I have a stack of mislabeled cards like superstar samplers etc. You'd think writing the type of insert on the form would help them....but no. It's unfortunate.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Freedom Card Board mobile app

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
The drawback with PSA is they either don't seem to have the knowledge of a lot of rare 90s variations to slab them correctly or they don't care. My crusade rainbow is labelled 3 different ways and I have a stack of mislabeled cards like superstar samplers etc. You'd think writing the type of insert on the form would help them....but no. It's unfortunate.

I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I can give two sh!ts what they put on the label. I know what the card is and all I'm looking from them is a grade on the condition of the card. I guess I can see where it's beneficial for population reports but outside of that, I really don't care.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Would photos from the auction help show that the red does exist? Or are they aware of it, just not how many or rare it is?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Would photos from the auction help show that the red does exist? Or are they aware of it, just not how many or rare it is?

The Info is out there
[h=3]Stand and Deliver[/h] This 24-card set is broken into six separate four-card groupings and was part of a contest. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams whom Pinnacle Brands thought had no shot at winning the 1997 World Series. Since the Florida Marlins won the World Series, the four Wild Cards wound up being the winning cards.
Hobbyists who held all four cards of the 1997 World Series Champion (or the four Wild Cards if one of the five selected teams did not win) could mail them to Pinnacle for a special Gold version of the set. Gold Stand and Deliver was limited to 275 sets and came encased in a glass frame. Because of the unusual distribution, Gold Stand and Deliver singles are difficult to find. The gold cards came in two different flavors, gold with silver letters and gold with red letters. The gold with red letters version is extremely rare.
All 24 cards come in 3 versions:

• Silver with gold letters
  • Gold with silver letters (rare as only 225 sets were produced)
  • Gold with red letters (extremely rare, print run is unknown)

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
To some extent I agree. But if I know what the card is and I can accurately grade the condition...then what am I paying them for? I find it annoying and it probably hurts the resale value if you ever went to sell the card as average collectors assume the grading company would be the experts...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

I sent them that, and I do not believe they follows anything other than Beckett and Standard Catalog info..
Ryan

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That's because PSA pays graders 10 bucks an hour and most have NO CLUE about cards. Here is why.
The 1990 CMC had 3 different cards.
1990 Oklahoma City 89ers CMC
juan_picture.php

1990 Oklahoma City 89ers CMC Drug Emporium-Very tuff to find.
juan_picture.php

1990 Oklahoma City 89ers CMC English Leather -Very rare.
juan_picture.php

Where on this grade is the Drug Emporium stated? These are all listed in the Beckett big book and have been since 1991.
juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

Last edited:

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
The Info is out there
Stand and Deliver

This 24-card set is broken into six separate four-card groupings and was part of a contest. Groups contain players from the following teams: 1-4 (Braves), 5-8 (Mariners), 9-12 (Yankees), 13-16 (Dodgers), 17-20 (Indians) and 21-24 (Wild Card). The four players featured within the Wild Card group are from "lesser" teams whom Pinnacle Brands thought had no shot at winning the 1997 World Series. Since the Florida Marlins won the World Series, the four Wild Cards wound up being the winning cards.
Hobbyists who held all four cards of the 1997 World Series Champion (or the four Wild Cards if one of the five selected teams did not win) could mail them to Pinnacle for a special Gold version of the set. Gold Stand and Deliver was limited to 275 sets and came encased in a glass frame. Because of the unusual distribution, Gold Stand and Deliver singles are difficult to find. The gold cards came in two different flavors, gold with silver letters and gold with red letters. The gold with red letters version is extremely rare.
All 24 cards come in 3 versions:

• Silver with gold letters
  • Gold with silver letters (rare as only 225 sets were produced)
  • Gold with red letters (extremely rare, print run is unknown)

Looks like two different versions of this also.
This one looks more like Dufex and you can feel the lines
calripkenjrcollector-albums-2013-additions-picture18776-1997-score-stand-deliver-wc.jpg

This one has a smooth lines that you can't feel.
calripkenjrcollector-albums-2013-additions-picture18775-1997-score-stand-deliver-wc-smooth.jpg

This just came in
calripkenjrcollector-albums-2013-additions-picture18770-1997-score-stand-deliver-wc-gold.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just got a message that PSA did some more research and say that they will now label them as RED if anyone sends em in. I asked them to confirm, just to make sure. Hopefully will hear tomorrow

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts