Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Considering a David Justice sold for $103, I think the winner will do great. I thought the Jeter and Griffey would be an easy $300. And $800 on a quick piece out. Maybe I'm wrong. Like to know what the recent Jeter with a $2100 BIN that was ended early sold for. I think I'll regret not going higher. I did get a Grace last year, so that tempered me a little.
This is exactly how I felt when I had the first crack at the Peter Max auto set a while back. I just didn't have the cash to pony up but knew that was a steal to piece out... not to mention I needed the Belle at the time, so I totally screwed that up. O well... can't win them all.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That guy did himself absolutely no favors. Not a single player named in the title or description. This sold solely on the sportzcubz keyword I would imagine. Imagine what it would have gone for had player collectors possibly seen it with their guy searches?

Great for the buyer, but this kind of listing habit pisses me off because then you don't even have a shot at it sometimes unless you have 22 hours a day to run ebay searches for everything you could ever want.

Dang, was under bidder on a complete set of 1998 Topps SportzCubz prototypes. I think there's a lot of money to be made piecing this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-TOPPS-SPORTZCUBZ-PROTOTYPES-/151324821403?nma=true&si=Tgu%2FXOsNFAHnMmhIGZUmXZDA6y8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Had to battle it out with all the Travis Lee fans on this one. Hah. Happy to add it with my Bagwell Fusion Refractor. I typically stick with 1997 and earlier McGwire's but so many amazing 1998 inserts get me down. McGwire just looks better in green and gold!

98FusionRefF.jpg
98FusionRefB.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well Nothing to big but after seeing the W. Clark sell for an absurd amount of money thought i would pick a few up on the cheap. never seen them in person til now. pretty cool. These are not from eBay where the prices are up there

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^Nice snag. They're pretty cool in person. I got a huge lot a while back and ended up moving them to RGF who is working on the set.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Had to battle it out with all the Travis Lee fans on this one. Hah. Happy to add it with my Bagwell Fusion Refractor. I typically stick with 1997 and earlier McGwire's but so many amazing 1998 inserts get me down. McGwire just looks better in green and gold!

98FusionRefF.jpg
98FusionRefB.jpg

I agree whole-heartedly on the green and gold

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Well Nothing to big but after seeing the W. Clark sell for an absurd amount of money thought i would pick a few up on the cheap. never seen them in person til now. pretty cool. These are not from eBay where the prices are up there

If a Sandberg ever pops back up, I may just break the bank on it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
LOL!

It's funny. I had NEVER seen either Belle and then I came across a lot with two of them and I was able to get both Belle's and then help RGF out with the rest of the lot. Filled a bunch of his holes and I was able to never think about those damn Belle cards I'd never seen again!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

Curious what a Sandberg would sell for. Griffey is listed at 189 and not selling. Thomas at 89 and not selling. Interesting even as crazy as Clark fans can be 399 seems absurd. Not to mention someone listed a 2nd one and go figure that one sold for 399 as well.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Pretty sweet mail day from a member here. (Also posted in the Griffey thread) I usually don't spend a ton of money, but he gave me a pretty good deal I think. $500 for the trio. (Yikes, it just hit me I spent $500 on baseball cards)

griffeynew.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
LOL!

It's funny. I had NEVER seen either Belle and then I came across a lot with two of them and I was able to get both Belle's and then help RGF out with the rest of the lot. Filled a bunch of his holes and I was able to never think about those damn Belle cards I'd never seen again!

That was pure awesomeness for that to happen. Too bad a Ryno wasn't in the lot.

Curious what a Sandberg would sell for. Griffey is listed at 189 and not selling. Thomas at 89 and not selling. Interesting even as crazy as Clark fans can be 399 seems absurd. Not to mention someone listed a 2nd one and go figure that one sold for 399 as well.

There is a chance it'll hit three figures. We're not as crazy as clark fans, but a couple of us can get into a nice little bidding war.

Members online

Latest posts